Weapons surrendered in UK knife amnesty

Well, all I know this. My Leather Mutli-Tools and Buck Knives are going to be outlawed in the UK. What a shame, they're great tools/knives.

Guess I have another reason not to go to the UK for vaction.

Last edited:
Ollie Garchy said:
In 1945, the Allies sat down and discussed how to demilitarize German society. The Allied Control Council argued and argued. Some wanted to ban the production of weapons. Others wanted to ban the production of tools or fertilizer. Others wanted to take all swords and lances out of German museums. Ultimately, the program failed because of points 2, 3, and 4.
Did the allies not consider chopping off the hands of all Germans, like the Belgians did with disobedient Congolese, back in the old days when everything was going just fine?
Ollie Garchy said:
How do we create a safer society? My idea: how about mutually assured destruction? We convince people that using weapons against other people is not worth it...the threat of retribution should be far greater than any benefit gained.

Arms control/demilitarization is in the brain and not in the hand.

[The idea that people and not weapons kill is a banality...but one that must be stated over and over again]
Exactly. I thought Penn's (from Penn & Teller B******T!) idea of making it mandatory for women to have a pink pistol was quite ingenious:D (because their statistics indicated that 90% of gun-related crimes were comitted by dudes)
Rabs said:
Only americans kill people, dont be silly.
This may hold some Kernel of truth. In Switzerland, everyone who completes their military service take home an assault rifle. Yet, the number of gun-related deaths is similar to the rest of Europe.

Last edited:
I guess if I was really pissed at someone and wanted to do them in, God forbid, I would simply drive to Sweetwater Texas when the rattlesnake roundup is in full swing and buy a sack of pissed-off Diamond Backs. These can be placed in advantageous areas such as in a car, bedroom, boot, foyer, and the rest, sort of seed the house with them.

Mohmar Deathstrike said:
This may hold some Kernel of truth. In Switzerland, everyone who completes their military service take home an assault rifle. Yet, the number of gun-related deaths is similar to the rest of Europe.
There is an element of truth that fear of being assaulted drives weapon ownership. It follows then that the more weapons there are in circulation the higher the number of incidents involving weapons.

Or does it?

Why are gun crimes so much higher in the US than in other countries with relaxed gun ownership?

Gun deaths per 100,000 population (for the year indicated):
Homicide Suicide
USA 4.08 (1999) 6.08 (1999)
Canada 0.54 (1999) 2.65 (1997)
Switzerland 0.50 (1999) 5.78 (1999)

http://www.gun-control-network.org/GF01.htm

Have fun eating with plastic sporks when they ban silverware. Enjoy walking everywhere since cars can be such effective weapons.

Thank God for the 2nd Amendment.

Fact is, if I wanted to kill someone, it'd probably be with the nearest blunt object. Maybe a large rock. Of course, if they're stronger than me I'd spray them with bear mace first. :)

Mace is not an effect tool. I've been hit with the stuff and I can still fight. Sure, most folks freak out because they think they'll die from it. But it's just pepper spray. Nothing more, nothing less.

I think after the UK ban of knives. I see them banning pencils and pens because they're sharp and can be used to stab folks.

Thank God for the 2nd Amendment and the fact that I live in the USA and not Europe.

s_solution2.jpg
B00005C0XO.01._PE04_.Vaseline-Petroleum-Jelly-Baby-Fresh-Scent-Tub-13oz._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

major liability said:
Have fun eating with plastic sporks when they ban silverware. Enjoy walking everywhere since cars can be such effective weapons.

Thank God for the 2nd Amendment.

Fact is, if I wanted to kill someone, it'd probably be with the nearest blunt object. Maybe a large rock. Of course, if they're stronger than me I'd spray them with bear mace first. :)

Dont be silly, why would anyone ban silverware?

Sweden has a no gun/no knife policy. That doesn't mean you can't have a knife when you go out hunting, walking around in the woods, camping and so on, just bring your best knife and have fun! You can have a hunting rifle without a problem, just take your gun and go out and hunt! Around 50 000 have an AK4 assault rifle in their home. Go to the range and have a fun time with your gun, your not stopped just because there is a gun control, which most people belive.

I'd rather drink flat beer from a lister bag than spray a huge man with mace. All you're doing is signing your death warrant.

Sweden

This is me three minutes after being hit with a OC/CS spray. It had a Scoville Heat Unit level of 5.2 million. Which is damn high, Tabasco Sauce has a Scoville Heat Unit level of of 7. It had very little effect on me. Sure, I was in extreme pain. But I was able to fight through it and see perfectly.

000_0625.jpg

Legality

In the United Kingdom, where it is classed as an offensive weapon, the sale and possession of pepper spray is illegal under section five of the Firearms Act. First time offenders are likely to receive a police caution. Police, most of whom do not carry firearms, are trained to use pepper spray and carry it as part of their standard compliment.
Laws on Pepper Spray in the United States of America differ between states.
  • Washington, D.C., possession of pepper spray must be registered with the DC Metropolitan Police.
  • Massachusetts, pepper spray can only be sold to holders of firearm identification cards.
  • Florida, pepper spray is sold as openly as if it is hot sauce for food.
In Sweden it is classified as an offensive weapon and possession of pepper spray requires a license. As of 2006, no such license has been issued.
In Finland it is classified as a defensive weapon and possession of pepper spray requires a license. Issuing of licences is quite common however and most individuals without a criminal record are granted one.
In Canada it is classified as a prohibited weapon. A number of dog and significantly stronger bear pepper sprays are legal to own. However, use of these items against humans will most likely result in the user getting prosecuted.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepper_spray#Legality
So I guess the fine folks in the UK will have no firearms for self defense, no blades for self defense, and no chemical agents for self defense. So you guys do use extra vaseline. Sucks to be you...

Last edited:
So I guess the fine folks in the UK will have no firearms for self defense, no blades for self defense, and no chemical agents for self defense. So you guys do use extra vaseline. Sucks to be you...

And after all that i'm still less likely to be murdered here than in the US.

5.56X45mm said:
If you know what you're doing, almost any stick-like object of suitably hard material (wood, metal, hard plastic) and at least a foot long can be every bit as deadly as an edged weapon in close quarters. Weapons are everywhere.

BTW KC72, one part of the UK was singled out as being more dangerous to live in than other parts. According to a United Nations study, if you live in Scotland you are 3 times more likely to be the victim of violent assault than someone living in the States. Glasgow is said to be the murder capital of Europe.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2090-1796899,00.html

5.56X45mm said:
This is me three minutes after being hit with a OC/CS spray. It had a Scoville Heat Unit level of 5.2 million. Which is damn high, Tabasco Sauce has a Scoville Heat Unit level of of 7. It had very little effect on me. Sure, I was in extreme pain. But I was able to fight through it and see perfectly.

000_0625.jpg

You're posting that mace is disallowed in UK and Sweden and then post a pic of where mace did nothing good to you? Pain is a a "thought". And you can disregard a thought :)

You sure bear mace wouldn't even stop ya long enough to get a couple hits in with the good 'ol aluminum baseball bat?

It's supposed to be about 9 times more powerful than regular mace.

major liability said:
You sure bear mace wouldn't even stop ya long enough to get a couple hits in with the good 'ol aluminum baseball bat?

It's supposed to be about 9 times more powerful than regular mace.

Hey, we need the scumbag alive to take them to county lo
ck up. Bear Mace would just have them run around like a chicken with it's head cut off and they run into traffic and get themselves killed.

Some folks freak out when they get hit by mace, some folks don't. I've felt far worse pain in my life. Mace sucks, but it's not the end of the world.

Back