Weapons for you. - Page 14

--

November 20th, 2006  
Prince

bow staff
twin swords
katana
most swords from throughout the years minus the cuttless.
knifes
and of course the human body.
November 20th, 2006  
WNxRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg
How were you able to have the opportunity to fire a fully automatic P90 as an American civilian at the ripe old age of 17?

By not being in the United States..........
November 20th, 2006  
bulldogg

Care to elaborate as it still strikes me as a dubious claim.
--
November 21st, 2006  
Chief Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougal
The blue grenade has no mechanism or fuse, its a drill round same weight and size of a live round.

I realise that blue is usually used for inert (or practice) rounds, but there are a small handful of training rounds that have noisemakers associated with them. I believe that you are mistaken when you say there is no fuse in the blue painted practice pineapple grenade you have pictured. Without seeing the shipping container or the numbers printed on the grenade body, I can't with certainty state this is one of the noisemaker practice grenades I am familiar with though.

If it is, the bottom of the grenade is punched out, and a 'short' noise maker fuse (approx 1/2 the charge of a regular grenade), is used to simulate the normal 'time' variant associated with a fused fragmentation 'pineapple' grenade. It is not quite a 'flashbang' however ... it does make quite a loud bang when used for grenade drill ... and ... the user guidelines state it is NOT to be used in an enclosed space, or for drill purposes where it could inadvertently end up going off in a crowd.
November 21st, 2006  
WNxRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg
Care to elaborate as it still strikes me as a dubious claim.
Sure thing, my father was born in the US, and the rest of his fanily except for his parents are in Argentina (yes they went the long route to gain citizenship). My mother is a native of South Africa (yes an American Citizen), and that is where I shot it. I travel there an average of 2-3 times a year.
November 22nd, 2006  
AussieNick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Bones
I realise that blue is usually used for inert (or practice) rounds, but there are a small handful of training rounds that have noisemakers associated with them. I believe that you are mistaken when you say there is no fuse in the blue painted practice pineapple grenade you have pictured. Without seeing the shipping container or the numbers printed on the grenade body, I can't with certainty state this is one of the noisemaker practice grenades I am familiar with though.

If it is, the bottom of the grenade is punched out, and a 'short' noise maker fuse (approx 1/2 the charge of a regular grenade), is used to simulate the normal 'time' variant associated with a fused fragmentation 'pineapple' grenade. It is not quite a 'flashbang' however ... it does make quite a loud bang when used for grenade drill ... and ... the user guidelines state it is NOT to be used in an enclosed space, or for drill purposes where it could inadvertently end up going off in a crowd.
I know exactly what you are talking about. Here we identify the blue low charge variants as F3 Grenades. The live bad ones are called F1 Grenades, and the blue duds are called drill grenades. We had an incident with ammo contamination between Drill and F3 grenades, which really isn't all that bad, but they still have 10gm of explosive in the base, which could do a fair dose of damage if it went off in your hand.
November 22nd, 2006  
Chief Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieNick
I know exactly what you are talking about. Here we identify the blue low charge variants as F3 Grenades. The live bad ones are called F1 Grenades, and the blue duds are called drill grenades. We had an incident with ammo contamination between Drill and F3 grenades, which really isn't all that bad, but they still have 10gm of explosive in the base, which could do a fair dose of damage if it went off in your hand.
It has been way too many years since I filled out orders for training munitions and I have forgotten the variant designations ... but ... I still believe that they were ALL painted a blue to identify them as 'practice' instead of combat loads.
November 23rd, 2006  
AussieNick

Exactly, well at least that's how it works in Australia anyway.