Weapons for you. - Page 11

--

January 3rd, 2006  
zander_0633

What happens when you throw the Blue Grenade?
January 3rd, 2006  
FO Seaman

If I'm not mistake Blue is the international Inert/Training Decive designation color.
January 3rd, 2006  
zander_0633

So nothing will hapen when thrown?
--
January 3rd, 2006  
FO Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by zander_0633
So nothing will hapen when thrown?
No. The devices, in this case a grenade are just to get trainee's trained in the finer arts of throwing, caring for and using a grenade. Then after they are train in those area's they mve to actual grenades and how to throw then and how to react when they throw one.
January 3rd, 2006  
zander_0633

ok, Have any one used before those type of grenade like those used in WWII German troops? those stick grenade? I heard they are they best type of grenades ever!
January 3rd, 2006  
FO Seaman

Quote:
ok, Have any one used before those type of grenade like those used in WWII German troops? those stick grenade? I heard they are they best type of grenades ever!
Not really. They where very easy to throw and got grear distance, but they caused very little shrapnel, alot of soldiers hit with German gernades survived, but at the price of loss of hearing.
January 3rd, 2006  
zander_0633

I heard those grenades have lots of TNT in them!
January 3rd, 2006  
FO Seaman

Quote:
I heard those grenades have lots of TNT in them!
I don't know what the Germans use in WWII, but most gernades have gun power. Some Germans like the Gammon are made of high-explosives.\

But, a grenade with lots of explosives ins't really going to cause much damage unless used inside, it more of a concussion when use agianst troops out in the open.
January 3rd, 2006  
zander_0633

Well, if the germans had used sparnels in those grenades. they would becpome one of the best grenades!
January 8th, 2006  
dougal

Quote:
There 2 above are the same weapon - FN MAG/ M240.
Dont the irish army use the FN Minimi as there LMG?
Its being slowly introduced. The GPMG is good craic though.

The blue grenade has no mechanism or fuse, its a drill round same weight and size of a live round.