Wealth Redistribution - I am going to try this.

MM - do you deal in £ Sterling? None of those Euros, if you don't mind. Thank you kindly; you're a good man, I've always said so. :-D

On a serious note - do you endorse means-testing then?

Look at it this way. Who here makes less than $250,000 a year? I'm going to guess that most of you fit in that category, in which case you will actually BENEFIT from this plan anyway! He's not taking from the waiter and giving it to the beggar, he's taking from the owner and giving to the waiter AND the beggar.

Both trump McCain's plan of taking from the waiter and giving to the owner.

How about doing neither and letting those who earn the money decide whether they will give it away? I guess that's not CHANGE enough for this election.

How about doing neither and letting those who earn the money decide whether they will give it away? I guess that's not CHANGE enough for this election.

The reason why thats a bad idea is the Golden rule: He who has the gold makes the rules. That's an Oligarchy my friend.

Del Boy

Do you mean testing to see if those on public assistence be qualified? The US already has a such a system in place, so yes I do.

Remember this basic fact:

In America, most of those on public assistance HAVE a job, some even have two. They simply don't make enough to survive. What we don't have a 'living wage', (a minimum wage based on current cost of living) if we did there would be alot fewer people on assistence.

Public Assistence isn't very much and it doesn't last indefintatly. You cannot really survive on it on that alone.

Back