Are We Winning the "War on Terror"?

Right DB, the Muslim Brotherhood sprang up from the teachings of Q'Tub. ;) Its one of those cases where if one man had never been born...

Right DB, the Muslim Brotherhood sprang up from the teachings of Q'Tub. ;) Its one of those cases where if one man had never been born...

They seem to have plenty of those in their lockers.

Anyway, My regiment, Highland Light Infantry, nowThe Royal Highland Fusiliers, (Iraq & Afghanistan) did a 10 year stretch on a watching brief of Ismalia and The Muslim Brotherhood on the Suez Canal Zone, although during my time there we were never told the title of our opponents. I spent my time within night-time earshot of Ismalia, so night-time single soldier stags on perimeter guard, moving alone for some hours around a stretch of barbed wire, no lights, even outwards facing ones, and trying to shrug off the feeling that they could see you from the desert but you couldn't see them, was uncomfortable and ensured a high degree of alertness. I must say, home & abroad, where guards were concerned, i much preferred the unofficial 'looking after business' ones.

Now, at the time of our attack on Suez to reclaim the canal, which was some months after my regiment and i had left, America stopped us just 12 miles from Ismalia, which was one of our targets; just a little too soon.

Last edited:
Back