General ( forgot name ): How bad is it down there
Lt. Col. Moore: Its getting pretty sporty

Srg. Maj. Plumly : Men, prepair to defend your selfs

Srg. Maj. Plumly : You aint going to take no pitchers lying on the floor sunny

Srg. Savage : Good day sir

Srg. Maj. Plumly : How would you know what kind of god damn day it is

Srg. Savage : beautiful morning sir

Srg. Maj. Plumly : what are you now the god damn weather man

this is my first post and i love this site your doing a great job i hope this helps you

we were Soldiers

Lt. Colonel Hal Moore: Oh, yes, and one more thing, dear Lord, about our enemies, ignore their heathen prayers and help us blow those little bastards straight to Hell. Amen.
:twisted:

"Sir, Custer was a pussy. You ain't" -Plumley

"I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." -Moore

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, the story told during one of the deleted scenes on the DVD is a classic. A young officer tells all his men to go and put all their medals on so he can see what kind of men he has to lead, and one man comes out with no medals. The officer tells hims to go back and put his stuff on, so he goes back and comes out naked except for his boots and two Medals of Honour. Very funny stuff - I haven't watched it for a while, so I hope I didn't screw it up.

"mornin sergeant major"
"How do you know what kind of goddamn day it is"

"Beauitufl mornin, sergeant major."
"What are you, a ****in weatherman now?"

ahaha Plumley was awesome..

actually, at this year's AUSA convention, I had the great honor/priveledge to meet Joe Galloway..incredible person, I dont' think I've met anyone that does not respect him for what he did..

Lt. Col. Moore's prayer with Lt. Geoghegan:

Our Father in Heaven, before we go into battle every soldier among us will approach you each in his own way. Our enemies too, according to their own understanding will ask for protection and for victory. And so, we bow before your infinite wisdom. We offer our prayers as best we can. I pray you watch over the young men, like Jack Geoghegan...that I lead into battle. You use me as your instrument in this awful hell of war...to watch over them. Especially if they're men like this beside me, deserving of a future in your blessing and good will. Amen.

Oh. Yes, and one more thing, dear Lord...about our enemies--ignore their heathen prayers, and helps us blow those little bastards straight to hell. Amen again.

We Were Soldiers

"American soldiers in battle don't fight for what some presidents say on TV, they don't fight for mom, apple pie, the American flag. They fight for one another." - Lt. Col Hal Moore

Pogue said:
"mornin sergeant major"
"How do you know what kind of goddamn day it is"

"Beauitufl mornin, sergeant major."
"What are you, a f****n weatherman now?"

And then in the middle of the battle

"This is a beautiful day!"

sergent major

i loved the sergent major in that movie.im only 14 but darn good movie..inspired me for the marines too..even thow there the army..

D_Plus_One said:
Also, the story told during one of the deleted scenes on the DVD is a classic. A young officer tells all his men to go and put all their medals on so he can see what kind of men he has to lead, and one man comes out with no medals. The officer tells hims to go back and put his stuff on, so he goes back and comes out naked except for his boots and two Medals of Honour. Very funny stuff - I haven't watched it for a while, so I hope I didn't screw it up.

Yeah, you told it right. That was awsome. And didn't the guy come out all scarred up an' stuff?

Anyway, that story came up during a conversation between two men about the Sergeant Major, who was the man in the story who came out in his boots and medals. That Sergeant Major was hard core.

"I hope you guys like to PT, 'cause me and the Sergeant Major? We love to PT!" ^_^

-After the battle is over-

"Now I wonder how Custer felt, Sir."-Sgt Maj. Plumley
"Goddamn."-Lt Col. Moore (Grins and laughs)

Col Moore: I'm glad you made it.
Joe Galloway: Yeah you too.
Col Moore: I'm not, I'll never foregive myself. My men died in battle, and I surrived.
Joe Galloway: How do I tell this story. I don't know if I can.
Col Moore: It has to be told, the American people, have to know how my troopers died. You have to tell them.

If you don't feel a sharp stab in the heart, when Moore says he'll never forgive himself, you aren't human. Drives home the responiblity of every officer. Thank God for people who can lead.

Back