We Are Soldiers Still

A Can of Man

Je suis aware
It's the sequel to We Were Soldiers Once... and Young which I read over ten years ago and the sequel is an EXCELLENT book. In many cases you'd think that many authors of successful books would pump out a sequel for some money but the message was honest, close to the heart and I think it attempted to do many different things, all of which it did well.
General Moore and War Correspondent Galloway both struck me as humble throughout the book, which is something that can't be said about a lot of other books written about the author's journeys or experiences.
It's primarily about their journey back into Vietnam, finding common ground, making new friends... a real soldier's book.
I highly recommend it, especially for those who have read the first book though I don't think you need to know the first book in detail to understand this one.

There has been some major development between the first and the second book. I won't spoil it for you here though. But let me put it this way, the Ia Drang valley wasn't the last place one of the survivors became heroes.

Back