Redleg

Just a "friendly" reminder to everyone:
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum...one-t6518.html
January 27th, 2007  
PJ24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymity
only 17, and I know that I want to join army for sure
but I am sort of lost on which way I need to go...

my problem is that I can get into Westpoint for my
g-pa knows a congressmen, but I dunno if I should go to
basic training first before I get in, or wait/or if it even works
that way

if any of you can help that'd be great.. thanks!
Dude, listen up. If you can get into West Point, GO! No ifs ands or buts. It's something very few people get the opportunity to do and you'd be a fool not to take it.

Being prior enlisted doesn't make a great officer. Yeah, it gives you some experience as to what it's like being the worker bee and sometimes that can help when you're an officer, sometimes not. I've known some shitty officers that were prior enlisted and some great officers that were outta the box LTs. What kind of officer you are depends on the individual. Just because you don't have enlisted experience to fall back on, doesn't mean you won't make a great officer and like I said, having enlisted experience doesn't mean you'll be a great officer. It's up to you as to what kind of leader you'll be.
February 16th, 2007  
masterblaster

go for it. If you want a little experience, join the national guard, go to basic training, and then get your appointment in a year or so. try the real military out first, you might hate it. Being dropped into west point pre school can be a shock.
--