(waving)

jen.parabellum

Hi Everyone,

I'm Jen (points to screen name), I'm planning on enlisting into the USAR next year and serve until I graduate from college (which I'm hoping will be the North Georgia College & State University) and then switch over to Active Duty. I'm interested in becoming a MI Officer either 97B or E. While attending NGCSU, I plan to enroll in their language program that will allow me to attend DLI in Monterey, learning Arabic.

Currently, I'm in High School (Flathead High School in Kalispell, MT) and a member of the Policy Debate team, of our "famous" speech and debate program.

Military has been in my family for a long time, the reason why I've partly came to be was back when Stalin was in control of the Soviet Union and in the 20s, he was recruiting for his Red Army. Well if you didn't go, you'd be sent to the labor camps in Siberia, however my great-grandfather from the Ukraine escaped to Nova Scotia yet the rest of his family was indeed sent to the labor camp, where his brother even died of TB. So my family has known, even though it's been three generations ago, what it's like to be under the control of a brutal dictator.

My father's step father - served in Asia during WWII with the Army, and he was involved in the Baatan Death March. They even chopped his finger off.

My great-uncle, whose still kicking, served in the Korea and Vietnam wars (he was in Korea as a pilot in both the Navy and USMC - and was shot down twice and almost captured ... twice) and then Vietnam as an advisor. Then he worked for the CIA for twenty years as an operative. Also he was at Parris Island when Platoon #71 went out and several of them never came back.

And my father even served two years in the Army. Currently though my brother is serving on his second tour (third Middle East tour) in Iraq, he nearly lost his leg today when another truck backed up and nearly took it off. Then his unit's convoy got hit with an RPG but no one was hurt (thank God).

And my cousin, is in the Navy, finishing up his AIT at the Great Lakes.

All together, I think I've even had relatives fighting back during the Revolutionary War, but I won't bore you with those details ;) And I found the site due to my love of quotes, which is an odd thing ... but at least I'm not loving like drugs.

So I hope to learn things while being here. :)

Redleg said:
Great intro Jen, welcome to the forums! :D

I remove the names of your cusin and brother, you never know who visits this forum...

Remember PERSEC!
(that goes to all of you ;) )

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
("If you want peace, prepare for war!")
- Flavius Vegetius Renatus
http://www.military-quotes.com/vegetius-renatus.htm

Good luck with your "praparation for war" Jen.. :lol:

Thanks Redleg, totally spaced that out ... and yes that's my favorite quote.

from what I've seen of your posts, you'll make a fine addition to the military when you join. Great posts so far and Im sure the future posts will be just as good. Welcome Jen. Kick your shoes off and stay awhile...never mind the odor...were still trying to get redleg to put his shoes back on lol

<ducking and cover> did he hear me?

soldierzhonor said:
...never mind the odor...were still trying to get redleg to put his shoes back on lol

<ducking and cover> did he hear me?

“I fear all we have done is awakened a sleeping dragon and filled it with a terrible resolve”
- Yamamoto

Beware of the Admins Wrath!!! :firedevi:

Back