Watercolors

I think this one would be my favourite so far...

Thanks - I like the way it came out.

This portrait may have had a bit too many touches with the brush but its been awhile and I wanted to get back on track with painting.

Attachments

• Day.jpg
    Day.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 5
Here is an experiment using limited colors - the subject a wounded soldier being evacuated from the front.

Attachments

• Wounded.jpg
    Wounded.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 6
Here is an experiment using limited colors - the subject a wounded soldier being evacuated from the front.

I am a bit "Meh" on that one, I like the over sized helmet, you see that in many photos and I like the poorly fitting uniform for the same reason but how the hell are you supposed tell he is wounded?

I am guessing that his hands are bandaged but it just doesn't make itself readily known.

I am a bit "Meh" on that one, I like the over sized helmet, you see that in many photos and I like the poorly fitting uniform for the same reason but how the hell are you supposed tell he is wounded?

I am guessing that his hands are bandaged but it just doesn't make itself readily known.

Good point - I know he's wounded because I saw the original photo. A little more context and detail next time should help.

Thanks for the feedback,
Bob

Here is a Union soldier waiting for orders:

ACWSoldier2_zps810db920.jpg

Hehe confederates must have been easy to do as they had no standard uniform issued.

Yes - they're uniforms are a hodge-podge of home spun and Confederate issued articles (not to mention what was picked up along the way). It makes for an interesting painting.

I like the civil war ones but not knowing anything about the revolutionary wars makes it hard to get excited about them.

I like the civil war ones but not knowing anything about the revolutionary wars makes it hard to get excited about them.

Being a native of Trenton it was an interesting to watch the reenactment of Washington crossing the Delaware.

I was challenged to try my hand at gunboats. Here is my first gunship.

USSUnadilla_zpsfeb6896d.jpg

Back