Watercolors - Page 2

--

December 1st, 2012  
Israeli_Force

Are u painting just militry paints?

if so way?

and if u like the army so much why wouldn't you join him?
December 1st, 2012  
rcleary171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israeli_Force
Are u painting just militry paints?

if so way?

and if u like the army so much why wouldn't you join him?
I like to paint people from all walks of life - I just enjoy sketching military themed subjects. As for joining the military - at 55 I guess you can say I missed the boat. I had my opportunity to join the Air Force but I had elected not to. It was a mistake - one of many missed career accomplishments.

This sketch is more of a caricature but I like it.

December 1st, 2012  
Israeli_Force

Its never to late you can be at the intelegance force.

you know here in israel you must join the army becuase if not us no one will protecte us so what im trying to say that joining to the army its not for the thrill its for really want to serv your country you know
--
December 1st, 2012  
rcleary171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israeli_Force
Its never to late you can be at the intelegance force.

you know here in israel you must join the army becuase if not us no one will protecte us so what im trying to say that joining to the army its not for the thrill its for really want to serv your country you know
I'm afraid that any work that I will do for the military will be as a contractor. I also knew about the military service requirements in Israel.

Here is a sketch of a French Soldier from a photo dated 1916. I tried to capture the weariness yet determination of this warrior.

December 1st, 2012  
Israeli_Force

Very nice scratches and paintings i wish you a good luck my man and good luck with your army service if you will do it
December 1st, 2012  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcleary171
Sometime I do - it depends on what I am trying to capture. Portraits are very challenging but I have done a few. Here's one that I did recently of a Marine.
I like the "faceless" approach I think it gives them more of an "Every man" feel rather than individualising the image.

But given that I never progressed beyond stick figures I probably shouldn't be commenting, either way nice work.
December 1st, 2012  
rcleary171

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
I like the "faceless" approach I think it gives them more of an "Every man" feel rather than individualising the image.

But given that I never progressed beyond stick figures I probably shouldn't be commenting, either way nice work.
Thanks Monty - succinctly put.

December 2nd, 2012  
rcleary171

I'm finding that sketching equipment is a challenge.

December 2nd, 2012  
rcleary171

This sketch of a Marine came off a little bit too severe. Her photo showed more compassion along with her determination.

December 2nd, 2012  
Israeli_Force

What are you doing for living bob?