Watercolors - Page 12

--

March 30th, 2013  
rcleary171

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
It is odd to see an AT gun without the protective shield, not sure I would be happy using one given how close to the action and how exposed you would have to be.
I'm not sure if it was the angle of the camera or how the shield was deployed but not much was exposed for me to paint. The subject picture was very grainy so I could not tell if parts had been retracted (if that is even possible). My lack of knowledge on towed weapons is coming back to haunt me.
March 30th, 2013  
MontyB

Not all AT guns had them, some of the early US 37mm's for example didn't but they were added later.
April 3rd, 2013  
rcleary171

Reclining Confederate Soldier:

--
April 13th, 2013  
rcleary171

Here's a quick sketch of a US Rifleman:

April 18th, 2013  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcleary171
Here's a quick sketch of a US Rifleman:
See I think this is your strength, the image imparts exactly what it says it does.

The hard part for the likes of myself is that we know little of the Civil War or Revolutionary wars and being "American" only they really don't hold any attachment for the non-US readers where as the world wars do.
April 19th, 2013  
rcleary171

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
See I think this is your strength, the image imparts exactly what it says it does.

The hard part for the likes of myself is that we know little of the Civil War or Revolutionary wars and being "American" only they really don't hold any attachment for the non-US readers where as the world wars do.
I had not thought about that but I must agree. I have little connection with the English Civil War so there would be no emotional response to pictures or art related to that subject.
April 19th, 2013  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcleary171
I had not thought about that but I must agree. I have little connection with the English Civil War so there would be no emotional response to pictures or art related to that subject.
It would not be an issue if you were doing great sweeping vista's or large scale "action" orientated battles but most of what you have done are snap shot pieces which I think require us to have some knowledge of the event to really understand it.
Because of this I think it leaves us in a position to only comment on the artistry and not the context.
April 21st, 2013  
rcleary171

Quick pencil with watercolors. I may try to address the shading later and see how it turns out.

[/URL]
August 25th, 2013  
rcleary171

August 25th, 2013  
MontyB

Welcome back...