Water Damage :(

OK here it is July 30 2008 and we are very happily taking the corner sealing crap off the walls I realized that the plastic tub and shower seal stuff that costs $6 a roll sucks, anybody have any idea about whet to seal the corners and edges with that will work?
All I know to use is silicone based rtv

Ummmm.......duct tape? :D I dunno. Caulky stuff? I can't remember what my dad used when he re-did the bathroom at the farmhouse.

Well I went back to Lowes toady and found soem very strange molding, its 1/4 round, nut its WATERPROOF Y....E....A, believe it or not its made of pvc, and its white like the rest of the bathroom :)
I only need 6 pieces but I bought 8 just in case, this stuff cuts better than real wood and its WATERPROOF :)
I'm doing some touchup painting where teh glue took off surface on the panels so I'l be nailing this stuff up starting tomorrow.

Finished Pictures Guys, sorry there's only 4, but outside the tub isn't quite trimmed out just yet
(1)
corners I did all by hand, all 3 pieces are 45 deg angles, cut with a 20 year old miter box

(2)
How many of THOSE do you see in a shower that DO NOT leak?

(3)
Drain is 1/8 chrome, contractors pack $15 :)

(4)
1/4 round is PVC, not wood :) 73 cents a piece more than wood and doesn't rot

Last edited:
Back