Water Damage :(

oh wow that's a great toilet. Used to have a couple of gems like that in my old house, but I've NEVER had linoleum that looked that 70s. (though 2 rooms in that house did have brown carpet)

Unfortunately, yes it was. Moved into the house in 1990, and when that happened the countertops were black to go with it (but those were replaced within a month). By the time we moved out in '99 both brown carpets were gone, replaced with white and blue.

But the house still had a turquoise toilet.:)

Perhaps...

All I know is that the build quality was WAY better at that house than it is at the place I live now, which has uneven floors, creaky stairs, uneven walls, and is on its second furnace. The bad thing about that is that it's only 9 years old.

oh wow that's a great toilet. Used to have a couple of gems like that in my old house, but I've NEVER had linoleum that looked that 70s. (though 2 rooms in that house did have brown carpet)

You want the toilet? come get it LOL it was made in 1973 the tank has cracks around the 3 tank to bowel bolt holes though so its probably a total loss, I wonder if I could sell it on Ebay as a antique LMAO.

Icky, icky, wolfen. :( How goes the remodel? Almost done?

Almost, the spacer wall has to be built and I can't do that till I get the shower stall. I bought a new faucet today and the cpvc pipe to run it to the shower head, no pictures of that but its a delta model #132900 for anybody who wants to do the research on that LOL, the Linoleum is finished, all I need is wood filler to complete the corners on the 1/4 round holding it down.
Yea Sevens I'd say its almost done :) If this works like I hope it will I'm gonna remodel the master bathroom the same way, shower stall and faucet I mean, well the other 1972 toilet will be replaced too

Shower pan is in, 3 of the walls are up, still working on the spacer void, got the drain pipe in and the hot and cold supply lines are above the floor level with shutoff valves installed. the window is cut, too k over night for the shower wall to laminate to the backer board, still waiting for the last 2 to dry and will finish the void frame tomorrow :)

I never laughed so hard in my life as when I saw the man with one red show, he turned on sink, the toilet flushed, flushed the toilet and the bath ran, it was all fouled up. Did you do yours like that? Wife's gonna be mad.

Well Akai, I turned on the water last night around 2300 and turned on the sink, hot is hot cold is cold :) However you can hear the water draining sound in the shower stall drain, THAT made me go "oh hell no" until I realized that it will do that until teh shower trap has water in it. And I can't run water in the shower until I finish the viod and install the valve assy. Two more sides to cut and a few 2x4's and I might be ready to test my theroy.

Well I turned on the water to the shower last night and it sprayed EVERYWHERE behind the wall for a split second, so much for the dam instructions, they said screw the cpvc adapters on hand tight, today I cranked them till they stopped squeaking and they don't leak this time :) Guess the old Navy saying is right, "screw the instructions, crank it til it stops making noise " :)

Anyway I had to replace the wall section where the shower knob comes through and the seal again, but as I sit here typing this the water is totally on Hot is Hot ion the shower too :) no leaks at all, and I'm waiting for all the sealer and liquid nails to dry before I hand the shower curtain :)
all that's left now is outside the shower, 1 piece of 1/4 round 56" long, and I have to make a access door so I can turn the water off 15 years from now when the cpvc fails LOL.
but I WIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I'm sitting here with my Victory beer :)
I'll take a pic after I hang the curtain and finish the 1/4 round

Well guys the pic is gonna be a little delayed LOL. I finished the 1/4 round, still need the corner round for 3 corners, but they can wait if need be their not in critical areas, the new problem is easily solved too, I was hanging the shower curtain and the dam pos plastic rings broke in half LMAO

Back