Water Damage :(

True enough. I wish Ty would show up with my house. Not the whole crew and the bulldozer.......just Ty. :firedevi:

Pffffffft. Whatever. Did you get the walls or whatever you were doing today done? You should totally post pictures of your handy work so we know whether or not to hire you for renovations. :D

Well I could post before pictures, but My handiwork is far from done, the bedroom wall is up and the bathroom floor is fixed, but its far from professional, the floor is going to look like dodo until I get new floor covering for it there's no bathtub there yet, the bare plywood is all over the place. It'll look like crap until I get enough money to finally make it look presentable. Let me get some pics up on image shack and I'll link to em.

Oh Aiki, yea I found a few critters, no dentures though, but I think my cell phone is between the toilet and the sink somewhere

Okay so how about before, during, and after pics? That would be cool. I'd like to watch the prgression from icky to palace worthy. :D

Me too Sevens and Wolfen.
How much, if any, did the insurance help you bud? While doing the work, have any "step brothers" moments where dufus jumps on the top rack of the bunkbeds and they collapse?

Last edited:
I didn't take any during pictures, really didn't have the time had to get it done fast before the wife's surgery.

I always did my own building/home improvement projects and as my boys got older and became mechanically inclined, they were taught plumbing, framing, finish carpentry, and whatever else it took to become dependant only on themselves. You have to know how to do something useful or your future becomes more uncertain every year.

Well that makes sense. I hope Mrs. Wolfen is okay and gets better soon! :)

Lynn's doing good, the surgery went for about 2 hours, and shes up and about now, I won't let her go outside or to the store yet though ( she hates me LOL )

I have some before pictures on image shack and a couple of midway through pictures, the bathroom still has a way to go but I got the insurance check today so I ordered the shower pan that's replacing the bathtub and the floor will be covered soon :)
I'll link to the image shack pics here soon

Lynn is wife? What kind of surgery? Hope all is well with and for you folks, especially wife. If she was put under for the surgery, that stuff can make you cranky for awhile afterwards so if she seems cranky that's probably why, pay it no mind and just be there for her as I am sure you are.

Yea Lynn's the wife, the surgery was one of those female things that I can't pronounce or spell, but has a normal name for that the doctor doesn't use.
thanks I'll tell he you said that.
yea she went under, but shes not any more cranky than usual (repeat that to her I'll deny it)

Oh "before' pictures of the house are otw
I will spend all day today laying new Linoleum in there

If the links to the pictures are screwed up, mods and admins, please delete them and let me know, I can always post them again

sorry about that
(2) bathroom floor toliet drian on right tub drain on left

(3) floor between tub and toilet[IMG=http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1762/16el6.th.jpg]

(4) the main wall between bathroom and Master bedroom with the former void space.

(5) the culprit, note teh broken end, that isn't what caused eth trouble, the crack can't be seen in this pic, but its on the tthread line at that 90 deg union and main pipe
[IMG=http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/3543/12748602hf1.th.jpg]

(6) the fallor and wall seen through bedroom after floor is replaced along with the 1x3's seen the green plank at the edge is NOT damaged its pressure treated :) (along with everything under what you can see, the green wall pannels and insulation came down the next day and all got replaced

(7) like green anybody? I still have that toliet sitting outside waiting pickup, YES that 70's thing is now replaced, the black is a mixture of mildew and rust that was on the floor, that particluar piece or floor was soft and got replaced also, abouty 4 feet behind the edge of the picture
[IMG=http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/5951/15bo5.th.jpg]

All flooring was replaced with 3/4 in plywood treated with water seal, teh outside wall 2x4's weer all replaced, the 1x6 ( green one) was replaced about 3 feet on either side farther than it had to be. Basically I installed cross beams in teh floor joists, and went 3 feet farther on each side than the water damage. Shower pan is OTW and I have eth new shower walls waiting already.

Sorry some are img and some are links its an image shack thing.

Last edited:
Back