Are you watching the Olympics?

Are you watching?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I spend a lot of time in the bar so I get a lot of my olypics intake at the coyote club here in junction city(don't really remember it every night)

Update on the medal count...We're catching up!

• Country Gold Silver Bronze Total
    United States 10 10 9 29
    China 11 7 4 22
    Australia 6 4 6 16
    Russia 3 6 6 15
    Japan 8 3 2 13
    France 3 3 4 10
    Germany 3 2 5 10
    South Korea 2 5 3 10
    Italy 3 4 2 9
    Netherlands 2 3 4 9
    Ukraine 5 1 1 7
    United Kingdom 0 2 4 6
    Cuba 0 1 4 5
    Hungary 1 2 1 4

HOLY MOTHER OF!!!! DID YOU SEE THAT??? HE GOT THE GOLD!! PAUL HAMM WON!! INSANE!!!

You probably did see it because I'm way over here on the West Coast. He totally screwed up the vault (gymnastics), did the worst thing he could have. After dropping to butt last, he gave two phenominal performances and won the gold!!

He won by .012 of a point, the smallest margin for that event ever.

:D :D :D :D

FutureRANGER said:
HOLY MOTHER OF!!!! DID YOU SEE THAT??? HE GOT THE GOLD!! PAUL HAMM WON!! INSANE!!!

You probably did see it because I'm way over here on the West Coast. He totally screwed up the vault (gymnastics), did the worst thing he could have. After dropping to butt last, he gave two phenominal performances and won the gold!!

He won by .012 of a point, the smallest margin for that event ever.

:D :D :D :D
I actually saw the last performance, and I think he deserved it. Did you see the look on the Korean faces? Something like :x I can imagine that, they thought they'd win.

1217 said:
Did you see the look on the Korean faces? Something like :x I can imagine that, they thought they'd win.

I thought they always look like that... it was more of a mix between :x, :shock:, and :cry:

that was an amazing comeback, I only saw the last 3 rotations, though. My mom cheated and looked at MSNBC to find out that Hamm won before the end of the broadcast.

The USA is tied in the medal count with China...according to Yahoo.

Country Gold Silver Bronze Total
United States 14 11 10 35
China 14 9 6 29

It's quite horrible to live in a different time zone and to hear the results before the event is broadcasted. Such as yesterday the results of the men's individual gymnastics were plastered on the internet and news before it was shown on NBC. So therefore the whole time I was thinking 'someone has to mess up' since Paul gets gold. And today the women's individual gymnastics results are already in. . .

</tangent>

Ug I know exactly what you mean. My idiot brother is reading Yahoo and he says "Hey Michael Phelps lost to Ian Thorp.": I could have killed him, i was waiting to see it for 2 days. :cen: :evil:

I want to see the weightlifting. I've always enjoyed watching beef hosses going at it in the ultimate test of strength and power. It's a testosterone filled event(Don't get me wrong- I like the hossets too ;) ) And I do power
lifting myself. I love power cleans.

Back