Watches Used by various Army

zander_0633

Milforum Gnat
CAn anyone please advise me on what type of watch to buy for use in the Army? Would a rubber strap be better or a cloth strap or a metal chain? is a digital watch better or an anologue or a mix of both? What colour do I buy and What brand do I go for?

zander_0633 said:
CAn anyone please advise me on what type of watch to buy for use in the Army? Would a rubber strap be better or a cloth strap or a metal chain? is a digital watch better or an anologue or a mix of both? What colour do I buy and What brand do I go for?

Well the U.S. Army has no set standard for watches other than they must be covered.

But, I would go with this one.
59884_ts.JPG
http://image.sportsmansguide.com/dimage/59884_ts.JPG?cell=320,320&cvt=jpeg

Thanks! btw, what colour do you use? Wad about Casio watches? Are they useful? I have a watch that runs on Solar. It is a G-Shock, but is it up to the military challenges?

zander_0633 said:
Thanks! btw, what colour do you use? Wad about Casio watches? Are they useful? I have a watch that runs on Solar. It is a G-Shock, but is it up to the military challenges?

Well I use a Veitnam era style US watch.

Well, yes it also depends on what the military requires.

SAy I use it for Heli-repelling and Urban fighting, where god knows when it will end. Any recommendation?

OH! you mean you put your watch in the band or do you replace it with the band? BTW how do you put up the pics? I can't seem to do it!

zander_0633 said:
OH! you mean you put your watch in the band or do you replace it with the band? BTW how do you put up the pics? I can't seem to do it!

I replace the band.

You place pics by clicking copying the URL then clicking the picture of a mountian in the writing area and then paste the RUL and click OK.

As long as you get a Seiko subdued colors with night luminous lines on the hands and a strong composite band, you can't go wrong. I have a Seiko quartz watch that I got as one of my 30 year anniversary gifts at Litton Laser and I don't have anything bad to say about it. I've had it for ten years and I've replaced the battery once.

I used a cheap little Timex Ironman digital watch that I got at the PX in Fort Benning Ga. It was about $20.00 USA. That was back in 2002, and I still have it with the same battery.

Back