Watches Used by various Army

I FOUND MY WATCH YESTERDAY!!!!!!!

We were doing our PT run and I saw it lying on the ground by the median. Good things do happen sometimes.

Watches? We don't need no steenking watches!

These are a few of my favorite things:

G-Shock, Suunto X-Lander, Triple Sensor, and PROTREK. We get "issued" the GShock and Suunto X-Lander.

If you're looking for a good all around watch, go with the G-Shock.

This is what i used when i was in the Bundeswehr (German Army)!!!
Watch: 10 Deutsche Mark = 5 Euros = 6 US Dollar at Woolworth.
Camo band: 5 Deutsche Mark = 2,50 Euros = 3 US Dollar at a shop in our barracks.

uhr19sv.jpg
uhr27yl.jpg

@PJ24
The Suunto X-Lander looks very nice, but 300 Euros (=344 USD) is a lot of :cen: money for a watch.
Do all the features like altimeter, barometer and compass work so good that its worth its money???
What do you mean with
? Says your instructor at the beginning of your Pararescue Indoctrination Course it would be nice if you have one of these watches??

Greetz Joker

Last edited:
zander_0633 said:
Hey joker, any idea where I can buy the watch protector?
In Germany, yes, Internet shops and Outdoor/Paintball/Airsoft catalog selling!
In US, yes, Internet shops!
In Singapore, no! Are in Singapore no Outdoor/Paintball/Airsoft catalogs or shops?? Otherwise .....
Use Google

Or if it not works use a searchengine that is good in Singapoor. Ask your schoolmates for a good one if you don´t know one.
Search for: Commando Watch Band
or: Velcro Watch Band
One day you have to learn it!!!

Greetz Joker

Thanks! In Singapore, there is a place where eveyone go there to buy their amy stuff. It is called Army Market! But the stuff there are not in a complete range, but they sell most stuff!

Are there no Internetshops or Catalogs where you can order it and get it send via mail?? Is the only shop where you get military stuff in Singapore this Army Market???
I get cuious about Singapore and made a research at the net.
I didn´t know that Singapoe is so small. It´s only 33% of the size of the federal State that i live and has the same population like it. Whole Germany (and Germany is not a big country) is 523 times bigger than Singapore and has 20 times more inhabitants. Now i understand that there are not so many internetshops and stuff in Singapore. When i had to find a internetshop only from my state there would also only be 2 or 3. But in my hometown (only 30 000 inhabitants) is a Army Shop wehre you can buy Bundeswehr and US Army stuff. They have not everything but they have this Watch bands.
Now i understand your problem about getting stuff in Singapore.
Couldn´t you order ist in Malysia?? I saw that its very close to Singapore. Maybe they have more Shops to get such stuff???

Greetz Joker

Last edited:
Joker said:
@PJ24
The Suunto X-Lander looks very nice, but 300 Euros (=344 USD) is a lot of :cen: money for a watch.
Do all the features like altimeter, barometer and compass work so good that its worth its money???
It is a lot of money, but a worthy investment for my line of work. Same with the G-Shock.

As for the features, definate thumbs up. Even the GPS is good.

What do you mean with "issue" ? Says your instructor at the beginning of your Pararescue Indoctrination Course it would be nice if you have one of these watches??
A guy won't need a Suunto or G-Shock during Indoc, but once he's operational, yeah, they're a big help. By "issued," I mean we had a very creative guy make Uncle Sam realize that we needed to take out the government credit card and purchase Suuntos for the group, otherwise we'd simply be lost in an operational enviroment. :mrgreen:

@ PJ24
Thanks for the info, was very interesting. I think it´s very handy to have all you need for navigation and stuff at a glance on your wrist.
Like when I was in the Bundeswehr the only thing for what I need a watch is just to see the time, so I bought the cheapest one that I found!!!
Yeah, and about the money, like i said in the "Flashlight" thread, if you need it and use all of it´s features so its worth its money. If you only use it for camping in your backyard its a waste of money. It´s like buying a Safariland tactical leg holster or a tactical vest for 500 Euros, just for playing Airsoft with your little brother and sister!!!

Greetz Joker

Last edited:
Back