Watches Used by various Army

zander_0633 said:
Well, Any idea how much does the Rolex Submariner cost?

In my post I said that I believe that it is around $3,800.00 USD, new. There are always many on ebay.

ebay.com/Rolex-Submariner-Stainless...075221694QQcategoryZ31387QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That one is apparently like new with buy it now around $3,000.00 with diamonds. (pictured below) For what you are talking about you will probably want one without diamonds and it would be cheaper of course.

The Submariner is substantial and durable.

10652.jpg

I would suggest any thing that is cheap and robust, so that if it got damaged you just chuck it and buy a new one. Now the other thing to think about is to keep it simple as you don't want it breaking out into a melody while you are on patrol. Also a metal strap is not always a good idea as they are normally made of a shiny metal and can do with out that. Now leather or cloth are fine, and as far as cloth smelling, well whats wrong in washing the strap

I really hope you dont get wounded,injured,or sick in service because if you do that nice Rolex wont be there when you wake up.
Buy cheap and practical.
P.S. Apologies to the R.A.M.C.,I'm sure you're not all a bunch of thieving
C***TS,but enough of you are that I wouldnt trust you with a watch of mine worth anything.
P.S.S. I also dont know what the integrity of you're own medical units is like(dont know your' country of origin),but be safe,trust no-one with anything worth anything.

zander_0633 said:
Well, generally, a watch with digital and analouge settings works the best? What about cheap Rolex and Tissot? I can get them for S$20. Brand new ---- Only that they are imitations. Are they good?

No. A fake Rolex will just get you mugged while on liberty. It will not stand up and is not waterproof. If you want something durable and want to wear a Rolex, get the Submariner. Still, I would go with something you won't miss if it disappears.

If I were you i would just get a cheap watch the\at has both anolage, digital, stopwatch, and the date. they range from $20 to $100. Get it in black or brown a colour that does not reflect.

Yes, it's a Timex Ironman Triathlon series watch. Only cost $20.00 USA. Great watch, tells time just as good or better than those super expensive watches.

I've had it since 2003 and I've yet to change the battery on it. It's still with it's factory battery. I wonder how long it was in the store before I bought it. So it's one though little watch.

Just get a watch that doesnt bleep, so you dont have to worry about that. So basically get a cheap watch that you dont mind losing or getting damaged that is comfortable and with a strap that wont break easily. It can be analogue or digital it is your choice, probably black or brown are your best choices.

I lost my watch last night!

:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

It's been with me overseas, through the fighting, and even still had the factory battery.

I was doing my PT during class last night and it fell off during the run. I didn't notice. I got into the locker room and I was reaching to take it off when I noticed it wasn't there.

Damn is all I could say. It had sentimental value to me, but I can always replace it by going to Walmart later today.

I am sorry to hear that! Hope you can replace that watch of yours soon! Since you said it is good, Why not buy back that same Model?

BTW, Does Casio sell their watches in USA? Never heard anyone mention about it!

Back