Waste Deep

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
I note this development in Britain, without comment:
The government is to give councils the power to refuse to collect rubbish if home owners fail to abide by draconian rules which may include leaving bins in the right place, sticking to weight restrictions and following strict recycling policies.

Labour is quietly pushing the new rules through parliament without any debate after it proposed amendments to a 130-year-old law which has, until now, made it a statutory duty of local authorities to collect household waste.
And the possible consequences?
There are fears that the changes to the law will lead to large increases in fly-tipping, bonfires of noxious substances and rat infestations around uncollected waste.
Many Labour MPs fear the changes will add to a growing backlash against the government which has seen them slump in the polls.

Wow… ya think?

All this is happening “for the environment”, which is becoming like the 1990s-era “for the children” catchphrase, used to justify the latest governmental outrage.

Black Plague, anyone?

It's like a drive they had at the base back in the Marines. There was to be no more burning but the quota in which we could take out trash was WELL below the amount we were producing. The furnace was back in business.

Here in the states, Waste Management already does that. If your garbage can isnt' practically in the road they won't collect it.

You ain't heard the half of it. I small item inthe wrong bin can lead to immediate fines of up to £1000. Collections moved from weekly to fortnightly, and then on to once a month. Micro chips in each bin so that the user can be fined for any infringement inside the bin. Absolutely draconian stuff which is impacting on our quality of life. And our local council taxes are already horrendous and climbing, way above inflation levels.

That sort of fine technically exists here but people are pretty good about sorting things out and they don't fine you unless you are a complete ass about it.

You ain't heard the half of it. I small item inthe wrong bin can lead to immediate fines of up to £1000. Collections moved from weekly to fortnightly, and then on to once a month. Micro chips in each bin so that the user can be fined for any infringement inside the bin. Absolutely draconian stuff which is impacting on our quality of life. And our local council taxes are already horrendous and climbing, way above inflation levels.

1984bigbrotherposter_nazi.jpg

If I lived in England I'd be a criminal because there's no way I could reconcile paying taxes to their government with my ideology.

we can't avoid it... there's no way we can stop paying taxes because to stop would be to stop doing anything... council tax etc i think is the only ones we can avoid paying.

we can't avoid it... there's no way we can stop paying taxes because to stop would be to stop doing anything... council tax etc i think is the only ones we can avoid paying.

We threw off the yoke of oppression from the UK because of Taxes. Can't you guys do the same? Stand up to your Government and fight back. Not saying that armed conflict in the answer but I am saying that having the citizenry protest by not just bitching but by also not paying taxes and simply telling your elected officials to sod off with the next election is a good way to start.

You should check out South Korea's method of protesting the government. Now tell me that wouldn't work in the UK. It would. Now to get people off their asses and get together and coordi-... oh right, too busy. Playstation, MTV, got a hot date... never mind.

We threw off the yoke of oppression from the UK because of Taxes. Can't you guys do the same? Stand up to your Government and fight back. Not saying that armed conflict in the answer but I am saying that having the citizenry protest by not just bitching but by also not paying taxes and simply telling your elected officials to sod off with the next election is a good way to start.

Never fear, we are telling them that, and they cannot survive the next election which is why they will not let us have one. Think Mugabe.

Back