Warship will be new themepark

sandy

Guardian
The Minsk, a Soviet-built aircraft carrier-turned-theme park, has been sold to a state-owned Chinese company for 128m yuan (£8.6m) and will continue to operate as an amusement venue, the buyers said yesterday.

The 43,000-ton Kiev-class carrier was put up for sale after the company that bought it in 1998 and turned it into a floating theme park in the southern Chinese city of Shenzhen went bankrupt. The attraction is popular with visitors from nearby Hong Kong, and has now been bought by the CITIC Shenzhen Group, which says it is working out a development plan.

I'm hearing a lot about building theme parks and all that in the former soviet union, is that supposed to lift their spirits (or their wallets)?

I'm hearing a lot about building theme parks and all that in the former soviet union, is that supposed to lift their spirits (or their wallets)?

Basically the chinese bought a boat they couldnt find a use for. So like good capatalist they decided theyd make money off of it.

WarMachine said:
It's supposed to be camouflage. All so called 'Theme parks' in Russia are actually military facilities in disguise :D

Reminds of that episode of the simpsons where homer takes command of a nuclear sub and guides it into russian waters. Then russia admits they fooled the west into believing the soviet union collapsed and tanks pop out of floats in a parade.

WarMachine said:
Reminds of that episode of the simpsons where homer takes command of a nuclear sub and guides it into russian waters. Then russia admits they fooled the west into believing the soviet union collapsed and tanks pop out of floats in a parade.
That's exactly what I had in mind when I wrote that post :D

Back