Warriors of WWII

Alexander led from the front

Never lost a battle or a war. Was always outnumbered. Ceaser cried because he knew he could NEVER equal Alexander neither could Napolean.

Was wounded NINE times by all sorts of weapons.

i think the waffen ss allot of them fort to the last man and did not care about being killed however they would risk there own lives saving there own men as there saying goes my honor is called loyalty.when the viking waffen ss was defending Berlin they fort with allot of courage even though they were out numbered and had less tanks :neutral:

i think the waffen ss allot of them fort to the last man and did not care about being killed however they would risk there own lives saving there own men as there saying goes my honor is called loyalty.

The Waffen SS rarely took prisoners and expected the same treatment. I would have fought to the last man and bullet too.

when the viking waffen ss was defending Berlin they fort with allot of courage even though they were out numbered and had less tanks :neutral:

Once again they had nothing to lose. SS divisions were over resourced compared to the rest of the army and - as was already mentioned - many regular German army units did as much with less men and equipment and less recognition.

For mine it would be the 442RCT that had the best combat record of the US army even though it was viewed as a suspect unit of suspect soldiers.

Chesty Puller...his leadership helped sustain the Marines of his regiment on numerous occasions throughout the their Pacific Campaign against almost impossible odds. Daring, humble, fair, hard-nosed, and a no BS commander, his fearless demeaner and willingness to lead from the front produced results.

John Basilone...it was estimated that he killed up to 400 Japanese at Henderson Field alone, his single handed actions undoubtedly had a decisive role in defeating the Japanese on that night. Not to mention his Navy Cross he recieved from his actions on Iwo. Sadly, he died in the first week of the battle for Iwo Jima and IMHO, after reading his Navy Cross citation, I think he should have recieved another MOH.

Audie is always a solid choice, probably one of the most humble heroes one could ever ask for. It seems that as the war drug on for him, he just got more feasome and deadly. But probably one of the nicest guys you could ever meet.

Larry Thorne is also a great soldier. He became a legend fighting against the Russians for Finland, and then later joined the German Army so he could continue to fight. What's even more amazing is entrance into the American Army after the war, eventually becoming a Green Beret, but sadly, he dies in Vietnam.

Back