Warrior vs Soldier - Page 2

--

May 28th, 2004  

Topic: having fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Conley
redneck: I Absolutley Love That!

im rolling on the floor laughing so hard that the other workers were looking at me funny....

Same here, except I happen to be the only one in the room.

and one more
May 28th, 2004  
Redneck

Glad I hit yer funny bones.
To heck with this Army jazz, I'm headed to the city to be a stand-up.
May 28th, 2004  
Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck
I don't know, Mark, I think you'd fare pretty well as a prisoner, they'd be some pretty interesting interrogations.
"Tell us what you do in the Satan military!"
"Did I tell you about the time an owl took over the control tower at Tinker AFB and made a C-130 land at Wal-Mart and I got sent out to do a chemical analysis on the cheese poofs?"
--
May 29th, 2004  
DTop

Seriously though, I think Mark had it right. The terms soldier and warrior are not mutually exclusive. One can be both a soldier who has trained for the day he becomes a warrior and a warrior who is also a soldier. Of course you could debate the phrase "Cold War Warrior" as well. I've heard that one and I see nothing really wrong with it. It's a matter of the context you use the words in.
June 1st, 2004  
silent driller

The Marine Corps is a Corps of Warriors! That's ALL it has room for. And the Marine Corps is the most disciplined of all the services.
June 1st, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent driller
The Marine Corps is a Corps of Warriors! That's ALL it has room for. And the Marine Corps is the most disciplined of all the services.
How would you know? You aren't even in. Keep your opinions of who's better, who has most or this or that trait, etc to yourself. If you have questions, read the forum rules.
June 1st, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent driller
Alright, we've been over this far too many times, until you have served, you have NO PLACE TO RANK OR RATE THE SERVICES!

Thank you.
June 1st, 2004  
DTop

And I thought all the warriors were on silent drill teams
June 1st, 2004  
JaegerWolf08

1SG, only the most super-hooah guys can get on the silent drill teams.

Toy Soldiers are high speed(jk) trust me I KNOW.

Back to the topic. I have always made a distinction between soldiers an warriors. A warrior is someone who is born into it, a fighter. Maybe not as disciplined or well trained as a soldier. Example, the Celts and the Romans. The Celts were warriors, and individuals. The romans were soldiers. They were a cohesive unit. When I think of warrior i see Conan.

I think a soldier is someone who is trained, disciplined, and professional. I never saw myself as a warrior, just as a soldier. It just blows my mind that I am in the same boat with guys like York, Benavidez, and the countless other Joes and Marines who have done so much. They are a LONG ways above me though.

I am trained and willing. But will not do so if it is not called for or not necessary. Maybe that is just what has been ingrained in my head. I like to think that, that is how I would act in combat. But I guess i will have to wait to find out. Missed this war. All of my boys and my unit are getting CIBs, and I am getting a $350,000 dollar commission shoved up my fourth point of contact one nickle at a time. Still trying to figure out who got which end of the stick.
June 1st, 2004  
Marksman

Soldier is soldier,man who go to arms.On the other hand warioir is more like mitical name,on my opinion it represents a person who dedicated his whole life to fighting something or someone