Warrior Religions

probably warriors gave more importance to warrior´s gods

Yes, most certainly so. It wasn't a warrior driven society though even though they had fantastic fighters. The fact that they never had a great gift for organized warfare bares that out. It was actually a matriarchal society where women had prominence and the earth mother ruled all. A fertility driven religion.

Charge_7 said:
probably warriors gave more importance to warrior´s gods

Yes, most certainly so. It wasn't a warrior driven society though even though they had fantastic fighters. The fact that they never had a great gift for organized warfare bares that out. It was actually a matriarchal society where women had prominence and the earth mother ruled all. A fertility driven religion.

Yes, women played a really important roll in celtic society. They wore the pants!!!! :D hehehee
In the part os Spain where I come from there is still influence of this conception of society, and there are not as much male chauvinism as in the rest of Spain.
One day I will make a topic about northern spanish celtics and how they fought against the Roman Empire.

TBA_PAKI said:
SHERMAN said:
Tough to beat the Norse when it comes to warrior focus.

Try Islam...[/quote]
Islam did not preached warriorship! anyways Ottomans can be given priority.

May be Islam doesn´t preach warriorship, but his creator Mahoma was a warrior, and at the begining of Islam he fought a lot against other religions, basically politeistic ones

You can't hold that against mohammad though, he wanted to live in peace and was harassed by the polytheistic tribes around him. Either he fought, or would be killed. His successors were the ones fighting to spread islam all over the place.

Ares and Mars are the Greek and Roman gods of war. Could the cults around them therefore be considered warrior-cults. Who was the Germanic war God again? Was id Odin?

WarMachine wrote:
You can't hold that against mohammad though, he wanted to live in peace and was harassed by the polytheistic tribes around him. Either he fought, or would be killed. His successors were the ones fighting to spread islam all over the place.

I would say that he fought the polytheistic tribes in order to impose the true faith.

There was a lot of fighting in arabia, that's true. But i don't think muhammad wanted to spread the fighting beyond the bedouins who competed for power there. He just figured either way they were going to fight, so that's what probably happened. But it was his succesors that wanted to establish the islamic empire, muhammad just wanted peace.

Back