War of the Worlds

Chocobo_Blitzer

So, the US has about 17,900 troops in Afganistan, and some 145,400 in Iraq. (correct my numbers if I am wrong plz)

Which direction do you think this war will go?

Afganistan: Will become something like a micro Vietnam, in that, we will be there for awhile, but the micro part is the cost and casualities. But I don't see any large scale operations to be conducted in Afganistan anymore, now I think we have to ride the wave and let the SF units and such do their work.

Iraq: Well, this will be a red winter, that's for sure. Thursday marked the beggining of a large scale offensive into insurgent "fortresses". As you might have heard, 80% of Samara has been taken, with 125 guerrillas and captured another 88. With 1 US trooper dead and about 5 injured.

I bet the enemy will try to launch their own "tet offensives" during the winter, but as the "fortesses" fall, so will their abilities, obviously.

Anyways, elections will probably be held, with moderate success. But the war will be far from over, I think we will continue to ride in this one for about 4-5 years, the last year being pretty mellow. But something that could make this one needlessly "long" is one thing..... the borders.

The US can't protect the borders of Iraq well, and terrorist and equipment are coming over the border, acting as a "ho chi minh trail" in a sense. So how do you stop it? Well, supplying more troops is the obvious answer, but we aren't doing that. Could someone answer why? Is it because the commanders refuse to ask for more? Anything to do with public opinion? And we aren't going to get anymore nations on the secure Iraq list, no matter how pretty Kerry's nails are. This remains a problem that could very well cleave 1-2 years off the Iraq war, IMO.

But wait, that's only two fronts.... there very well could be more coming.

Iran: It's causing trouble with the nuclear program, and funding some terror groups such as HAMAS and Hizbolla. Not to mention the meddling in Iraq. Though the nuclear program is trouble enough in my book, a very possible front.

Syria: It too causes some trouble with terrorism, primarily for Israel. And has been suspected of causing trouble in Iraq. But it has cracked down on some Shia extremist in Lebenon, and now seems to be submitting to the UN's demands to pull out. There are talks with the US about mutual Syrian/Iraq border crackdowns. Syria seems to be waiting, thinking, which path to take... we will have to wait and see.

Saudi Arabia: The kingdom is rich in oil, and in Islamic fundamentalist. As you probably know, the kingdom plays both hands, it slaps terror with one hand, then sticks a 50$ in the pocket with another. It too is unsure of which path will it follow. If it appeases the yankies to fight extremism, is could very well alienate the majority of it's population and cause an uprising. The US seriously needs to help spread the moderate version of Islam in the kingdom, it is a crucial spot. Perhaps THE spot... if it wasn't for Pakistan, maybe.

Pakistan: In a lot of ways it mirrors Saudi Arabia, but what it lacks in oil, it makes up for the glory of a nuclear arsenal. It too plays a double roll in fighting exremist views, it targets a very specific terror org. It too should be supported by the US in spreading moderate Islam. Otherwise, if it should start to fall to extremist, then I forsee US boots on the ground.

Well that's all, I just wanted to outline some hotspots. In my view, we will definately expand into another middle-east country before this war is over. Perhaps more than one. I really don't have a lot of faith in the nations mentioned. Honestly, I think this war is just getting started.

ABSOLUTELY AGREE!!

this worldwar just started! get more and more turmoils soon if US government use the same strategy.

US will hardly win this war under Bush's government. :?

Whosewar, I think we can agree on the Bush bit. I don't think he can win it. Right now I don't see anyone being able to do it though.
I'm starting to believe more that Kerry might do a better job.

Right well, I didn't really mean to get into the politics of it. I actually think it doesn't make a whole lot of difference when it comes to war. Intelligence is intelligence, perceptions are perceptions, and some situations are impossible to ignore.

This article is a good truth, because all and all, we're only hopeing.

http://billoreilly.com/currentarticle

Anyways, I just wanted to take a look at the middle-east, and predict where this war will go.

And by the way, when I said war of the worlds, I meant that, two tragicly different cultures have clashed, two different worlds.

Chocobo_Blitzer said:
The truth is that the USA is disliked by many countries because of our Judeo-Christian traditions, as well as our economic and military power

it is from Bill's words.

I want to make a analog:

The fat guy does feel happy and think: most people mock him because they are jelous that he is fatter than them. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But he does have a good point.
I've lived outside the US for most of my life and been here in DC for only 4 years.
Everyone who dislikes the US has their own reasons.
Europe seems jealous of the power they used to have. The Americans are the super power now instead of them. They say arrogance, but that's silly because the French are also among the most arrogant people. Only they don't have a whole lot to back their arrogance up. Why France's culture is superior to Germany's, I don't know.
Islamic countries see the ways of our societies as decadent. So obviously they feel severely insulted when they are told how to run things.
Same goes with East Asian countries like Korea and Japan. China also to an increasing degree.

uh, what does physical condition have anything to do with the topic or the article I posted?

Maybe you feel threatened by someone who conflicts with your own opinions, and will result to childish mockings to prove you are supreme?

Yes I think so.

Back