The War on Terror

Bratwurst

What (military) actions should be taken in the present and future?
Where do you see the key problems?
Can it be won? How can we win it?

I'm very interested in your opinions...

This is the ultimate way to win the war on terror:

1) Invent an alternative fuel source that can be mass produced without the help of petroleum and can be made from materials accessable from non-middle eastern sources.

2) Isolate the middle east. Don't allow travel there, don't allow people to come from those countries. Let them mess about with themselves.

They can shout, blow up, and have no economy all they want and it won't affect any one of us.

Anyways I see the first as the key here. Just make the Middle East insignificant and if possible, help keep the environment clean while at it.

If all top world powers are united in this war, then we can win it, otherwise no hope.

Then how to get the world powers united? Too difficult, since USA is too selfish about its own interests and often damages other's interests.

It will really make no difference as to which countries unite, in fact all the countries can unite there will always be a group who disagrees and will try and destroy relationship.

To win over the terrorist organization, first they need to be indentified them, second they are too cowardly to show themselves, and last just who are they and which country do we look at first.

SFC

I seriously believe in order to win, the Middle East must become as insignificant in terms of resources as the Sahara Desert.
Invent the oil alternative.

Keep it simple

Terrorism started getting profitable when the rest of the world forced Israel to negotiate with terrorist. The only way to win the war on terrorism is not make terrorism profitable. To keep it on the simple side, KILL THEM, DO NOT TALK WITH THEM! :biggun:

Re: Keep it simple

jcROAT said:
The only way to win the war on terrorism is not make terrorism profitable. To keep it on the simple side, KILL THEM, DO NOT TALK WITH THEM! :biggun:

I truly wish there were some way to make those who are soft and sympathetic understand this.

You can only negotiate with people who are sane and reasonable. The very designation of "terrorist" should enlighten people to the idea that they cannot be reasoned with!

BTW, I am sure it is obvious from my sig-line that I have read your book Mr. Roat....and I am a big fan! :D

Ahem...I think the Israeli "invented" terrorism. Back in the late 40's or early 50's while trying to kick out the Brits from what is now Israel.

The Arabs just picked up the bat and started running.
As always...just my 2 cents, not trying to blame anyone, just trying to point that it always takes two to dance...

Ahem...I think the Israeli "invented" terrorism. Back in the late 40's or early 50's while trying to kick out the Brits from what is now Israel.

As always...just my 2 cents, not trying to blame anyone, just trying to point that it always takes two to dance...

Well, next time you put in your 2 cents, make sure they are accurate. ;)

Terror was certinly not invented by the Jewish-Palestinians, it was used before in other conflicts. The Jewish underground actions were usually against military targets, aside from the more extreme groups. However by no means did we invent terror....It was there long before. The Arabs actually attacked Jews in Israel using terror before any Jewish military organization was formed....As to

KILL THEM, DO NOT TALK WITH THEM!

Well, that is true for the terrorists them selves. But you must talk with the civilians around and gain their support, or the terror will never stop.

If all top world powers are united in this war, then we can win it, otherwise no hope.

Then how to get the world powers united? Too difficult, since USA is too selfish about its own interests and often damages other's interests.

Oh, and China is the land of truth and justice? Cut off the attitude, we are all too smart to swallow it. All major powers have their own intrests infront of them when they make decisions.

and last but not least:
They can shout, blow up, and have no economy all they want and it won't affect any one of us.

LOL...Yeah, humiliating people and making them poor always dose the job....I mean look at Germany in 1919...Dident that work just fine?

My solution:

1- Make all efforts to advance the Muslim and Middle Eastern countrys both economcally and Socially.

2-Make sue that govronments that support terror pay for it.

3-Kill any terrorist you can.

lol Flying Frog does like to believe that China is the land of truth and justice don't he? I was young but I think I still remember armored vehicles squashing student protestors at Tianmen square.

Anyways...
The word "Terrorist" was first coined during the French Revolution I think. But I have a hard time believing terrorism was never before carried out.

Haganah staged attacks on British troops (among others) stationed in what is now Israel.
Better call them insurgents or combatants then hey?

Invented was (in retrospect) a bad word indeed, redefined could be a good one perhaps.

Basically what I was trying to say was that you showed everyone else that you can grab yourself a piece of land with insurgency etc...
You see the connection at what the Palestinians are doing now and what you did before?

Just two statements I feel are necessary for me to point out:
-I'm no Jew hater nor Arab lover
-There's a thin line between terrorism and freedom fight

SHERMAN said:

As always...just my 2 cents, not trying to blame anyone, just trying to point that it always takes two to dance
Well, next time you put in your 2 cents, make sure they are accurate. ;)

Well, that keeps me from having to chime in here.

KILL THEM, DO NOT TALK WITH THEM!

SHERMAN said:
Well, that is true for the terrorists them selves. But you must talk with the civilians around and gain their support, or the terror will never stop.
Agreed. All that can be done, must be done to help countries that have been under the rule of those who support terrorism, learn a different way of life. Or there will be three more created for every one that is killed.

Own interests? This is almost too ridiculous to answer. But in very simplistic terms, every country MUST look after their own interests first. That is their first an foremost obligation to the people of their nation. If the President of the US said that he was most interested in what would make for instance, India, prosper, than what is best for the US then he wouldn't be much of a leader.

SHERMAN said:
My solution:

1- Make all efforts to advance the Muslim and Middle Eastern countrys both economcally and Socially.

2-Make sue that govronments that support terror pay for it.

3-Kill any terrorist you can.

Absolutely. You are on the mark there IMO.

rOk said:

you have got to be kidding me. Here are some historic facts about terrorism

The ancient Greek historian Xenophon (c. 431–c. 350 BC) wrote of the effectiveness of psychological warfare against enemy populations.

Roman emperors such as Tiberius (reigned AD 14–37) and Caligula (reigned AD 37–41) used banishment, expropriation of property, and execution as means to discourage opposition to their rule.

The Spanish Inquisition used arbitrary arrest, torture, and execution to punish what it viewed as religious heresy. The use of terror was openly advocated by Robespierre as a means of encouraging revolutionary virtue during the French Revolution, leading to the period of his political dominance called the Reign of Terror (1793–94).

After the American Civil War (1861–65) defiant Southerners formed a terrorist organization called the Ku Klux Klan to intimidate supporters of Reconstruction.

In the latter half of the 19th century, terrorism was adopted by adherents of anarchism in Western Europe, Russia, and the United States. They believed that the best way to effect revolutionary political and social change was to assassinate persons in positions of power.

From 1865 to 1905 a number of kings, presidents, prime ministers, and other government officials were killed by anarchists' guns or bombs.

Here's a BBC article that is pretty good as well
The Changing Faces of Terrorism

I would be very happy if people actually did their homework before posting. Especially when the post is quite controversial.

SGT Doody

An idea:

International cooperation of secret service directorates, sharing information, linked to adapted and specifically trained SF units with a license to kill, backed by the best intelligence tech that money can buy, controlled by representatives of participating nations, acting on a charta.

Well, terrorism really can't be stopped. It's just apart of warfare, another tactic to get your goal. (hmm, except for say most of the terrorist in Israel, they're just stupid and pointless)

The real fight is with Islamic extremism, and to combat that, you'd have to take away the fuel.....

1: Israel/Palestine conflict must be resolved, or hate will continue for eons.

2: Stop the spread of fundamentalist Islam. Saudi Arabia and Pakistan are KEY. But their popluations are so large, I don't know how realistic it is to stop it...

3: Improve living conditions, though like the above, given the populations...

4: And of course, nail corrupt regimes like Iraq, Iran, etc.. (invasion isn't the only way..)

Worst thing that could happen is if Islamic extremism rules Saudi Arabia or Pakistan...

or both...

Well, the facts are cruel, even USA with that much power can not root out terrorism, can't even catch Bin Laden, and without full cooperation with all big powers, you can forget it, winning the war, well you can keep trying, but reality is ironic, the Axis of Evils are still happily progressing although with one Iraq less.

Talk is cheap, like Koreans on web saying their troops will go to Iraq to revenge the beheading of Korean man, but nothing happened, after 3000 troops there.

Huge difference btw Reality and Wish.

Tiawan
Back on topic. Like I've said before I don't think terrorism can ever be beaten, just subdued.

Back