The War on Terror

we need to haul a**

Our guys are doin a great job, but this urban warfare is tuogh cause we aren't fighting on well known terrain. These iraqi fighters are highly brutle and will kill at any cost. Even at thye risk of taking their own lives for a few others. WE need to find key targets, gain intel, take high priority hostages, and go out n kill.

The term "war on" means unconventional war. The war on drugs is where? Did it ever end?
A philosophical war must be fought from the neck up too.

well too bad that phylosophical war doesnt exterminate terrorist,only good ol' 7.62 FMJ can do the trick

egoz said:
Let's not turn this into a religious war. We have enough religious fanatics misinterpreting religious writing to suit their own needs. It's a land war, simple as that.

What? Not a religious war? You sure your living in reality here?

So those guys who crashed the planes in 9/11 their motivation was not religious?

If you what to pretend this is something else that's up to you, but it's not going to go away just because you are in denial about it.

egoz said:
The war is only religious because the Islamic extremists make it religious. The reality of it is that they DON'T want to convert anyone.

You sure about this? About them not wanting to convert anyone?

Here is part of the statement released by Al Qaeda;

'If America will not convert on its own, we (i.e. the militant Islamist movement) will eventually become strong enough to topple the government and convert America, and her people, by force."

I think Redneck is right.
Redneck said:
It IS a religious (or claimed to be a religious) war on one side, unless I am very much mistaken about the meaning of Jihad.

Our motivation for fighting this may not be religious, but there are some out there who think they are doing the will of Allah by killing as many Western infidels as they can.

I think seriously the biggest mistake in trying to understand the war on terror is trying to see and reason the radical Islamic terrorist actions from a Western point of view.

egoz said:
The war is only religious because the Islamic extremists make it religious. The reality of it is that they DON'T want to convert anyone. It's a misconception, Cindy Combs covers the topic well in Terrorism in the 21st Century. A good read for the whole war on terrorism thing. Like I said, it's a land battle. They use religion to get more Islamic recruits into their ranks. I don't think we should suddenly make it religious by saying it's Christians vs Islamics. That's asking for trouble, just incase we don't have enough of it.

But as an American aren't we being hypocritical of the whole thing? As soon as the colonists came into the states their goal was to convert as many indians into christians as they could. But suddenly since (assuming the converting people to islam theory is correct) the Islamic extremists want to do that to "us" we start a war over it.

Once the first shot is fired over the bow, it doesn't matter who started it or why. For every right reason for a war, there has to be a wrong reason. The reasons can be argued forever about who's right and who's wrong. The objective, once committed, is to win at any cost. Israel is our ally and as long as they are, the other guys will see us as "the crusaders".

Israel is our ally and as long as they are, the other guys will see us as "the crusaders".
for islamist we are all unbelivers and as such ,we need to die,thats whats jihad all about,speaking of which,why dont they start a conventional war so we(rest of the world) could whoop their asses once and for all

gladius, just as an example, i'd like one case where a terrorist has converted a westerner and let them live. this isn't a war of religion, it's a war of land, i've said it many times over, look at earlier posts in this thread. they want their land back.

What land war, where do you get this stuff?

If there is a land war it is just an excuse for them to do what they are trying to do. If its not about the land its going to be about something else.

The core belief of the terrorist is that someday they will conquer the world and convert ALL to Islam by force if necesary. This is the core of what they believe, and the other stuff is just side issues.

If you want one example were they force someone to convert, I'll give you 700 instead;

Over 700 Christians are being held in mosques on Keswui island and are being forced to either convert to Islam or face execution. Some 93 Christians have already been killed and hundreds have been forced to convert.
http://www.barnabasfund.org/News/Archive/Indonesia/press_release_20001215.htm

If your saying this is just a land war then you totally have no understanding of this.

The terrorism would not stop if all the Israeli's decided to kill themselves and thus give their land to the muslims. No, afterwards they'll try to topple other regimes they dislike, as they are "oppressing" muslims. They want all of Islam to follow the fundamentalist rule. If all Islamic states hold the same value, then it is only a matter of erasing the borders to be "united".

the ultimate goal of al-Qaida is to establish a Caliphate across the entire Islamic world, by working with allied Islamic extremist groups to overthrow secular or Western-supported regimes. Another of its chief goals is to help destroy the state of Israel, and bring all of Palestine under the Caliphate

SOURCE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Qaida

Even according to acticle you posted one of the Islamic radicals' ultimate goal is to wipe out secularism. Which means wipping out Western civlization since we are the main proponents of secularism, either that or have everyone convert (and that's not going to happen).

All this talk about land, teritory, Israel, is just an excuse once they're done with that they find something else to find fault with. It won't stop until their done.

Also all this stuff about blaming America, etc. If its not Amerca its going to end up being someone else. Them blaming countries like the USA is just an excuse to justify themselves and give them sympathy in the eyes of the world, they know the real reason they are fighting. These people arent going to stop until the see their ultimate dream of worldwide Islamic domination where everyone is converted.

Gladius, Agreed. Terrorist organizations often find excuses for punishing the "infidels". Heh...Infidels...such prejudice and hatred.

Agreed.

So like when Thoe VanGogh had enough prejudice and hatred, since he really didn't like the Muslim religion, to make an anti-Islamic film, they found an excuse to kill him, correct.

Back