War Movies

I3BrigPvSk

The Viking
I had discussion the last Saturday about war movies in general and there aren't many war movies depicting artillery and other indirect fire. The only one I can think of is A Bridge Too Far when the armored force began their advance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sgileqaOdo

It might have been artillery fire in the Enemy of the Gates, but I don't remember it. I remember air attacks. Am I correct when I am saying there aren't many movies depicting indirect fire?

As you haven't specifically asked for WW2 movies I can think of two WW1 movies with artillery fire.
All Quiet on the Western Front and Paths of Glory both have artillery barages, although they are both remarkably badly done.

While not a movie Band of Brothers used artillery fire considerably especially during what I think was the Hurtgen forest episode.

As you haven't specifically asked for WW2 movies I can think of two WW1 movies with artillery fire.
All Quiet on the Western Front and Paths of Glory both have artillery barages, although they are both remarkably badly done.

While not a movie Band of Brothers used artillery fire considerably especially during what I think was the Hurtgen forest episode.

Now when you mentioned BoB, the Easy company is hit by artillery outside the city of Foy, was it Foy? The TV series Pacific is depicting mortar fire when the marines are attacking the airfield on Peleliu and on a Japanese assault on Okinawa

I haven't seen Paths of Glory, I have seen the All Quiet on the Western Front if you are referring to the one from the late 1970s or early 80s.

Now when you mentioned BoB, the Easy company is hit by artillery outside the city of Foy, was it Foy? The TV series Pacific is depicting mortar fire when the marines are attacking the airfield on Peleliu and on a Japanese assault on Okinawa

I haven't seen Paths of Glory, I have seen the All Quiet on the Western Front if you are referring to the one from the late 1970s or early 80s.

Hehe neither, it was the 1930 version.

Back