War Movies

The point the exageration is to show how ridiculous the argument is. We like to think about the extremes to find a constant.

Why not? You have something about ladies? I have no problems with my virility. But if we allow some to insult people, the next day, we will allow them to beat their wives, and then to shoot their bosses...

Same rules for everybody John Rambo.

I agree lemask but what can you do when the lunatic runs the asylum. Redleg is wasting his time making rules his own moderator ignores.

Wallabies, you want to be a jerk, be my guest... Dont be polite if it's against your values. But can you show a little respect, and tell me why you say that? So we can talk about it... At least, talk about it.

Because you whine about war movies not being real when you wouldn't have a clue about what war is like. Soldiers love war movies because it's entertainment, so if the subject matter experts love war movies then what you think doesn't have any bearing.

And this "you cant be soft" isnt a strong argument... Imagine the situation, a soldier comes back home, kicks the door open, throws grenades in the kitchen, jumps on his surprised wife in front of the TV, and BAM, hits here in the head with his rifle's butt... "HONEY I'M FINALLY HOME."

When I come home from deployment I typically kick in the door, jump on the surprised woman and while I don't throw grenades or use the butt of a rifle, I definitely "hit it." :mrgreen:

When I come home from deployment I typically kick in the door, jump on the surprised woman and while I don't throw grenades or use the butt of a rifle, I definitely "hit it." :mrgreen:

ROFLMAO.jpg

What's your point Wallabies?
That I dont know that movies are made for entertainment? Oh, my god. They lied to me for so long, I thought it was the news...

Come on, there is many ways to make entertaining movies... And one of them is making realistic movies, showing the both sides of a conflict...

We all like the Westerns where you see a cow boy shooting tons of redskins and banging the hot blonde at the end of the movie...

But it would be nice to see it from another perspective...

There is many examples around... I saw Apocalyptico a few months ago, a movie where the hero was a Mayan hunter... Showing the fall of the Mayan empire just before the arrival of the Spanish...

And it was interesting and entertaining... We want new perspectives.

We want new perspectives.

Aparently not enough of the big "WE" want a different perspective.

Should that be the case movies with different perspectives would be made.

And what the hell does a beat up wife got to do with warflicks?
Are you one of those retards that think people can´t grasp the difference between films and real world?

//KJ.

People understand the difference between movies and reality...

But the movies have an influence on their imagination... Movies are like a reservoir of images. And we build the situation we dont know using this "reservoir".

So, we are all aware that movies are not reality, but the movies sneak in our imaginations...

So, yes and no...

And there a lot of people who want different perspectives. But most of them take what they can get...

Even a movie like Avatar (pure fiction) is selling a different perspective. And a lot of people saw this movie and people...

But we are following the Hollywood's rythme... and they are slow, they dont like risks... they want to make money.

I posted a harmless topic about things that annoy me in war movies and you guys turned it into a fight. I am just so damn proud I want to go out and kill something.

I thought this thread was about War MOVIES, not milforum war:), but I'll be glad to join in if its a real fight :)

People understand the difference between movies and reality...

But the movies have an influence on their imagination... Movies are like a reservoir of images. And we build the situation we dont know using this "reservoir".

So, we are all aware that movies are not reality, but the movies sneak in our imaginations...

So, yes and no...

And there a lot of people who want different perspectives. But most of them take what they can get...

Even a movie like Avatar (pure fiction) is selling a different perspective. And a lot of people saw this movie and people...

But we are following the Hollywood's rythme... and they are slow, they dont like risks... they want to make money.

Blah blah blah..
I can tell you one thing for certain.
Movies have no bearing on my wievs on the world.
I live in the real world, thus I do not need Hoolyweed to tell me what is out there.
You should try it.

And if there were enough asking for a "different perspective" they would make money making those films, no?

You just contradicted your own point, the scary part is I don´t think you even realized it.

//KJ.

Sorry KJ, but I dont see the contradiction.

You can make money doing normal movies, with the dominant point of view. It's the easy way.

And you can make more "original" movies, with a different perspective. But there is risks when you do that... People might not follow you. And you will be making less money.

But when it works, it's better for your finances, your reputation and of course better in the artistic point of view...

And I think that everybody gave up on the "strong effects theories" of the movies/media...

But If you think that it have no effects, you are wrong.

Nothing worse than going to a war movie and cheering on the troops.....
Did that when I was a Boy Scout, and there was about 8 of us.

We were kicked out of the theatre for it too.

Nothing worse than going to a war movie and cheering on the troops.....
Did that when I was a Boy Scout, and there was about 8 of us.

We were kicked out of the theatre for it too.

do that now days you'll be arrested for not being politically correct and sensitive to "their " beliefs

Well, we (Aussies) got into trouble for cheering the Brits on, in the film 'The Patriot' in a US Army run cinema.
We thought it was funny but the yanks were quite upset we were cheering the bad guys. Took a great deal of explaining that we were merrily backing the home country so to speak.
We didnt complain when the audiance cheered Mel gibson's character killing the Brits!!!!
Different perspectives I guess. I still get a chuckle when I think about that day.

Well, this is why I dont take side depending on the colors...

I dont ask who is who... I just try to understand what's happening...

Cheering the brits in the Patriot is wrong. They are the bad guys, colonial troops fighting honest people fighting for their independance.

If you sheer for the brits in a WWII movie, no body will make any remark... Not even the Germans... Maybe if there is Neo-Nazis around... But they dont have to be Germans to be like that.

Most of us get mad when your in our country, or on our base outside the US and cheer for anybody but the Americans. like I said Most, in the time the Patriot was set in to England America was a bunch of traitors to the crown. AND had the US lost the revolution, out Founding Fathers would have been hanged as such.

Back