War Movies

Well, perhaps I should have pointed out WHO I think gets a wrong picture of what happened back then.
For the most, I'm worrying about people that are not able or not willing to reflect the things they see on TV. Of course, an educated mind usually will take the time to do so and knows enough about this war to build its own opinion.
I'm well aware of the fact that there were true heroes even among the ranks of the Wehrmacht; Lt. Friedrich Lengfeld, for example, was a medic in the 275th German Infantry Div. during the battle for the Hürtgenwald. He died when trying to save a wounded American infantryman from a mine field.
But again, I have to emphasize that the Wehrmacht and the SS have been two completely different institutions. The Wehrmacht existed since the foundation of the German Kaiserreich in 1871 (and to some extent before that, because it consisted of the united armed forces of the German Kingdoms that existed before and within the Kaiserreich). The Wehrmacht had an honorable history to build on, those serving in the Wehrmacht were trained by officers who were there long before Hitler. The Waffen-SS, on the other hand, was created by Hitler and the NSDAP with the intent to have armed forces at hand that were not included in the normal military command structure. They were the ones that committed most of the crimes, they WERE the bad guys.
with all respects moloch yes a lot was but not all of them they were very loyal
to the end anyway who wasnt bad usa for bombing civilians in germany or the the rusians for rapeing woman and children :|

Other people's wrongs don't make your own ones become right, and loyalty isn't worth a toss if it means committing crimes that will leave a stain on your people for ages.
I presented my point of view on this subject and all of my arguments earlier in this thread. And in addition to that, we're getting far off topic. If you really wish to discuss this any further, I suggest we do it via PM.

This discussion reminds me of a set of videos created by M-TV.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8FnLv5GVWM

I think such a movie would not praise the bad instead, I feel, it would show people the other side of the stroy which certainly is not AS pleasant as the neo-nazi scum want.

When people see the evil from the evil's side, perhaps they would be more willing to make sure it won't happen again?

There is a group I joined, Oath Keepers, and that is EXACTLY why I joined. To make sure it WON'T happen again.

In my youth I knew a former German soldier. He was just a grunt. He was forced to join the army right about when Berlin was bombed (1943?). He told me about it.
He was in the field with his father, and a truck drove up. A fat (I forget the name, but it's equal to sgt. in the US Military IIRC) got out and yelled at him to get it. You're going to serve, young man. Like it or not.
His family had been loyal Germans, Roman Catholic, and he and his wife were taking care of his parents.
The sgt.(?) made it clear- you're coming with us or you and your family are going to the work camps.
So he went.
And never heard from his family.
He was captured, I don't recall where, and was transported to the US to "prison" for the duration of the war.
When the war was over, he was so eager to see his wife and parents again! But when he got there, when he got to the farm, they were gone and the farm decimated. He looked hard, and soon found that a few weeks after he was forced to join, they were taken to the work camps anyhow.
And they died there.
And the pain he had, the hatred he had, not for America but for the country he fought for.

Nah, we don't want people to see that.

Back