War movies I'd like to see made with a Hollywood-sized budget.

Someone should make big-budget war-movies about the following events:
1973 Arab-Israeli war
1980-1988 Iran-Iraq war
1982 Falkland war.

The movies should not be biased towards any particular side.

the only one of those i could see as a movie would be either the Iran Iraq or the Israeli war.

Especially the Israel - Arab war. The underdog against all odds pulling out a victory.

I would like them to make a Movie about Teddy Roosevelt and the Rough Riders fighting the Spanish.

Actually, anything to do with the Cuban War of Independence (Spanish American War)

Also, a maybe a Film on the Spanish Civil War or a Film about the Spanish Blue Division (Spanish Division in the German Army during WWII).

A movie on the 1973 Arab-Israeli war would be great too.

I like to see about World War 1, War of 1812, and the American Revolution War.

I would like to see something about The Battle of Warsaw (1920) Polish-Soviet War - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vistula_miracle

By winning this battle (and the war) Poles saved western civilizations from the Red Army.

"In the now-forgotten "Miracle on the Vistula," a patched-together Polish army turned back the Red hordes headed for Berlin. One of history's most brilliant campaigns, it saved defeated Germany from a communist takeover"

Ralph Peters

Last edited:
Rabs said:
the only one of those i could see as a movie would be either the Iran Iraq or the Israeli war.

Especially the Israel - Arab war. The underdog against all odds pulling out a victory.
Underdog receiving loads of supplies and weapons from the world's most powerful state in the greatest airlift ever. Either way I see great potential in a movie about it.

Another interesting movie would be the Finno-Soviet Winter war and its continuation into WW2 from a Finnish/Soviet perspective as opposed to the overwhelming majority of movies that are from an American/Japanese/German perspective and large minority of movies that are from a Soviet/British/Italian/French perspective.

However I'd mainly like to see movies about wars I posted at the start of the thread because I'm more interested in wars that use technology resembling today's technology more than WW2s. The Korean war resembles WW2 more IMO (Primitive jets, few primitive guided missiles, few digital systems)

Venom PL said:
I would like to see something about The Battle of Warsaw (1920) Polish-Soviet War - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vistula_miracle

By winning this battle (and the war) Poles saved western civilizations from the Red Army.
I've never heard of this before and it sure would be interesting to raise people's awareness and make a movie about it!
Rabs said:
I think the guys flying the berlin airlift might have osmething to say about that.
You're probably right, so I'll restate it by saying "the greatest airlift of military goods ever". :D
MightyMacbeth said:
hey, how about, Hulagu?

I've never heard of this war. Care to enlighten me?

Last edited:
Mohmar Deathstrike said:
I've never heard of this war. Care to enlighten me?

war? heh.. umm, you might want this place to enlighten you 8)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hulagu

fascinating dont you think? The rise, victories, actions, and then because of the Mamelukes and another Mongol lord, got defeated. Imagine what would have happened if he wasnt stopped by the Mamelukes in Ain-Jalut.. Sounds more like Attila heh..

:salute:

Mohmar Deathstrike said:
Another interesting movie would be the Finno-Soviet Winter war and its continuation into WW2 from a Finnish/Soviet perspective as opposed to the overwhelming majority of movies that are from an American/Japanese/German perspective and large minority of movies that are from a Soviet/British/Italian/French perspective.

There is a great movie/TV serie available that covers the life of the frontline soldiers in this war, but I'll be :cen: to remember what it is called. Ah perhaps RedLeg recalls it, was on TV in 1995/1996. But anyways I do agree with you on this one, some parts of the WW2 seems to be forgotten.

Back