War movies I'd like to see made with a Hollywood-sized budget.

I just saw an article in the paper about KOKODA. Awesome. It sounds like it'll be fantastic, and it's being released just before ANZAC day. How apt.

Movie I'd like to see?

Something on the Civil War, and by that I mean no Ted Turner productions. with those awful self righteous monlogues and with more realistic special effects.

(On a side note, I had a college buddy is was a US soldier reenactor on 'Gettysburg' he said the set was really cool).

Director

Spielberg or maybe Mel Gibson.

Last edited:
Why? Spielberg did better making movie like "Saving Private Ryan" or "Band Brothers" with Tom Hanks. Mel Gibson did make good movie like "Passion of the Christ".

ehh?

anyway, yeah BC i get it lol..

Civil war era is good yea. And a bit earlier wouldnt bother either :)

I basically like to see something 17-19 century ish.. Pirates of the Carrebean(Sp?) lol 8)

ah yeah anyway

No mel gibson. I dont want a christian guilt trip in the middle of my film.

Speilburg all the way. A little lib, but not nearly as bad as others.

Just thought of another, i'd like to see a film made of the campaign in central africa during the first world war.

Actually guys when I said Mel Gibson i was thinking of 'Braveheart' or 'The Patriot' both of which had quiet good battle reenactments, but I agree with Rabs it we be better if Gibson would forgo any moral lessons from his extremist evangelist viewpoint.

KC, I agree but dont you think we also need a 'good war in the trenches movie'. All we have that have resisted the ravages of time are "Paths of Glory" and "All Quiet on the Western Front".

Also a updated 'Battle of Britan' or other air combat movie that DOESN'T have Ben Affleck in it.

Last edited:
my problem with gibson is his complete anti-englishness, just check his films

A big budget hollywood pic of the somme with all the modern special effects would be fantastic.

yeah lol.. I liked his movies I forgot their name.. but he was younger and it was in australia. Mad boy? Mad something I forgot..

KC72 said:
my problem with gibson is his complete anti-englishness, just check his films

A big budget hollywood pic of the somme with all the modern special effects would be fantastic.

Well you have a point, but then again he is Australian. Hes probably still mad you guys beat the Wallabies in Rugby not too long ago
. ;-)

Yeah, there are two. It was "Gallipoli". It was about World War 1 a little bit.

Back