War movies I'd like to see made with a Hollywood-sized budget.

I think Tak Guk Gi means the brotherhood war. I have seen it. it is a good damn war movie.

I would like a remake of the Spartan deffense ar Thermopyle in 480 BC. The movie 300 Spartans just doesn't do it for me.

It should be based of the book Gates of Fire.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/05...102-4629744-2424955?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

There is much action when 300 spartans and a few thousand of their allies hold off an army of 1 million for 7 days. The book also goes into detail about Spartan training. It makes basic training look a class on being sensitive.

Isn't that where the guy says that shade line?

Something like Xerxes sends a messenger to the enemy. The messenger says he has so many spearman or archers that if they fire a volley, it would block out the sun.

The reply?

"Then we shall fight in the shade."

you are correct on that

"Although extraordinary valor was displayed by the entire corps of the Spartans and Thespians, yet the bravest of all was declared the Spartan Dienekes. It is said that on the eve of battle, he was told by a native of Trachis that the Persian archers were so numerous that, when they fired their volleys, the mass of arrows blocked out the sun. Dienekes, however, quite undaunted by this prospect, remarked with a laugh, "Good. Then we'lkl have our battle in the shade."

Quote from Herodotus that is in the begining of the book

Damn, they should make movie like that, Doody. It going be good than "Troy" with Brad Pitt.

Airborne Eagle said:
Isn't that where the guy says that shade line?

Something like Xerxes sends a messenger to the enemy. The messenger says he has so many spearman or archers that if they fire a volley, it would block out the sun.

The reply?

"Then we shall fight in the shade."
Yeah classic. What was the Spartan leade's name? Leonidas?

I'd say make a movie about Kokoda, Effogi, Milne Bay, Shaggy Ridge or any of the other harrowing PNG campaigns.

There is also a book that should be made into a film called "The Sea Shall Not Have Them".

I've forgotten the name of the Author but it was published in the early 50's and it is about the air sea rescue fleets in the English Channel/North Atlantic in 1944/1945. It is an intense and amazing story.

Aussie Nick I think the Brits may have made that story into a movie.....mid 50's I think.
Keep an eye out for KOKODA. Coming soon.

Back