War movies I'd like to see made with a Hollywood-sized budget.

Many of these films people have mentioned are already out there, they have just seem to have got lost through time. The Korean war was well covered by Hollywood at the time, but I often wonder what happened to these films

There is still a lingering sour taste in the mouth when it comes to Korea and that might explain the falling from favour of those movies.

I'd like to see the Battle of the Bulge, not the one in Europe but the one I fight everyday in the gym.
:)

Iwo Jima? Well, how about John Wayne movie. I think it called like Sand on the Iwo Jima. There also make new movie about Iwo Jima. Father of the Raising flag, I think.

Pavlov's house.
Boer war.
Russian invasion of Afgahnistan.
Any ww1 battles would be cool.
Franco-Prussian war.
Battle of koniggratz.

Boar War for me. In a series like band of brothers.
I believe Clint Eastwood was in amovie about the Marines in Grenada.
And I have a VHS movie called Rough Riders about Teddy Rooservelt and the Cuban War. Good battle scenes in it. Even has Garry Bussey in it so it must be good! Hehehe.

Pavlov's House. I have read a book about his accounts on holding the building and how much of a impact it mnade in the battle for the Soviets. And to this day, Pavlov is stilled called "Keeper of the House".

Well Errol Flyn made a war film on Burma
Waterloo has been done very well with cast of thousands and the battle scenes where very good.

JulesLee said:
Korean war movie made by koreans.. south korean perspective... not hollywood but its as close as it can get...

Tae Guk Gi (means korean flag.. i have no idea why its called korean flag when it has like no relevalance..)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006VL1J2/102-5772023-0377737?v=glance&n=130

yea this is 2 years old; i think its good.
There's also a Korean film set in the recent past (90s I think) about some kind of joint North-South Korean murder investigation and inter-Korean tension building up.

Back