War movies I'd like to see made with a Hollywood-sized budget. - Page 2




 
--
 
March 22nd, 2006  
Mohmar Deathstrike
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabs
the only one of those i could see as a movie would be either the Iran Iraq or the Israeli war.

Especially the Israel - Arab war. The underdog against all odds pulling out a victory.
Underdog receiving loads of supplies and weapons from the world's most powerful state in the greatest airlift ever. Either way I see great potential in a movie about it.
March 22nd, 2006  
Rabs
 
 
Quote:
greatest airlift ever.
I think the guys flying the berlin airlift might have osmething to say about that.
March 22nd, 2006  
5.56X45mm
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom PL
I would like to see something about The Battle of Warsaw (1920) Polish-Soviet War - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vistula_miracle

By winning this battle (and the war) Poles saved western civilizations from the Red Army.
That would be a good movie.
--
March 22nd, 2006  
MightyMacbeth
 
 
hey, how about, Hulagu?
March 22nd, 2006  
phoenix80
 
 
The Korean war is some thing I'd like to know more about
March 22nd, 2006  
KC72
 
 
Assaye
March 22nd, 2006  
Mohmar Deathstrike
 
 
Another interesting movie would be the Finno-Soviet Winter war and its continuation into WW2 from a Finnish/Soviet perspective as opposed to the overwhelming majority of movies that are from an American/Japanese/German perspective and large minority of movies that are from a Soviet/British/Italian/French perspective.

However I'd mainly like to see movies about wars I posted at the start of the thread because I'm more interested in wars that use technology resembling today's technology more than WW2s. The Korean war resembles WW2 more IMO (Primitive jets, few primitive guided missiles, few digital systems)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom PL
I would like to see something about The Battle of Warsaw (1920) Polish-Soviet War - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vistula_miracle

By winning this battle (and the war) Poles saved western civilizations from the Red Army.
I've never heard of this before and it sure would be interesting to raise people's awareness and make a movie about it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabs
I think the guys flying the berlin airlift might have osmething to say about that.
You're probably right, so I'll restate it by saying "the greatest airlift of military goods ever".
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMacbeth
hey, how about, Hulagu?
I've never heard of this war. Care to enlighten me?
March 22nd, 2006  
MightyMacbeth
 
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohmar Deathstrike
I've never heard of this war. Care to enlighten me?
war? heh.. umm, you might want this place to enlighten you 8)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hulagu


fascinating dont you think? The rise, victories, actions, and then because of the Mamelukes and another Mongol lord, got defeated. Imagine what would have happened if he wasnt stopped by the Mamelukes in Ain-Jalut.. Sounds more like Attila heh..

March 22nd, 2006  
sunb!
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohmar Deathstrike
Another interesting movie would be the Finno-Soviet Winter war and its continuation into WW2 from a Finnish/Soviet perspective as opposed to the overwhelming majority of movies that are from an American/Japanese/German perspective and large minority of movies that are from a Soviet/British/Italian/French perspective.
There is a great movie/TV serie available that covers the life of the frontline soldiers in this war, but I'll be to remember what it is called. Ah perhaps RedLeg recalls it, was on TV in 1995/1996. But anyways I do agree with you on this one, some parts of the WW2 seems to be forgotten.
March 22nd, 2006  
The Cooler King
 
Is this the one?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098437/