War movies I'd like to see made with a Hollywood-sized budget. - Page 12

--

July 21st, 2006  
KC72

Quote:
Operation Barras

good shout

you could do a lot of backround work on the history of Sierre Leone and the war there as well

btw have you read the book by Damien Lewis (Operation certain death) about the rescue?
July 23rd, 2006  
Mr KillKill

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC72
btw have you read the book by Damien Lewis (Operation certain death) about the rescue?
You bet, damn fine read.
July 23rd, 2006  
Mohmar Deathstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre
When I was visiting cousins in Long Island NY, Mad Max was on the TV and to my HORROR it had English subtitles. You Americans !!!!
Aussies, we speak good English, ya know cobba's !!!!!
THAT IS INSANE!
--
July 24th, 2006  
Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bory
I've seen that film, brilliant, I highly recomend it
Oh, so, you have seen Tae Guk Gi?
July 24th, 2006  
Axon

i dont know if it has been mentioned in here yet, but i highly recommend the movie "Gallipoli". One of Mel Gibsons first films...before he left Australia & went back to the USA. Awesome, Classic, what more can i say
July 24th, 2006  
Bory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox
Oh, so, you have seen Tae Guk Gi?
yes, with english subtitles. I found it in the foregin films section at my local blockbuster.
July 25th, 2006  
Navykid

Well on my side of thinking i personaly want to see full metal jacket
August 7th, 2006  
GI_JOEJK

A "what if" movie about the Soviet invasion of west Germany/Europe; Battle for the Fulda Gap. I would like to see the story mainly focus on the people (both military and civilian) rather then on the political. No reason has to be given for the war, just the human story from all sides. NOT A RAMBO FLICK!
August 9th, 2006  
Mohmar Deathstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by GI_JOEJK
A "what if" movie about the Soviet invasion of west Germany/Europe; Battle for the Fulda Gap. I would like to see the story mainly focus on the people (both military and civilian) rather then on the political. No reason has to be given for the war, just the human story from all sides. NOT A RAMBO FLICK!
Yeh I thought about that. Maybe about a NATO soldier who's been taken prisoner, then escaped from a Warsaw Pact POW camp in Western Germany, is concealed by a local suburban or rural family (which is risky for both: The civilians because they could be punished by the occupiers and for the soldier because the civilians could betray him under pressure)...maybe also some form of friendship between NATO and WP (especially West and East German) soldiers/people.