War Movies in general

oi

The knights were said to be russian/mongolian from the start, its something you have to delve into deeper than plain old school class lol

The pagen part is true and the viking king, the Romans coming in is true, the king athur legacy can be differed from time to time, but then again camelot has never had a pin point location seeing as it was built on a massive flood plain :cry:

Thats to bad that they would be shot down. I kind of like eagles except for when they swoop down and try to rip your face off...thats why when i go out ino their homes I go prepared :rambo:

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Don't think I seen that film.

Anyways, I like the scenery in "Full metal Jacket"...........in the training scenes.

I wonder why
:roll:

Full Metal Jacket was an awesome movie

"Only steers and queers come from Texas and you don't look like a steer to me."

"You could proably suck a golf ball through a garden hose"

"Choke yourself Private Pyles. Not with your hands with mine!"

Re: lol

Anya1982 said:
ah well the scenes where done in England, hense why they are such good scenery lol

I KNOW!! That film was shot in the outskirts of London I heard. Which explains the friggin' overcast! Ever been to Southeast Asia? The KEY experience of Southeast Asia is the humidity and the heat! AND THE SUN!! ARRRRGGHHH!!!!!

The way I see "Full Metal Jacket," when you've seen the drill instructor bit, turn the movie off. Insert "Platoon." You got yourself the perfect movie.

Sounds like that would be a good movie or you could insert Hamburger Hill after the training scene and it would be a good movie.

Re: hhhhmmmmmmmmmm

"No offense, but America with war films has lost its way with all this technology graphics etc. It looks like they focus more on the settings etc than the characters. I mean don't get me wrong got some corker films but lets face it we are losing to graphic enhancement

I still stand by that. I mean the heart of the film is war not computer graphics. Yeah ok Special effects are good but i think they look more real when low budgeted than top of the art flippy flappy"

I agree. The most of new american movies have been spoiled by special effects. War films made in 70s i like the best.

Where to get LAW wich's rocket causes a huge and cool fuel explosion? 8)

Thats why I like Hamburger Hill, Longest Day, and the other movies they are built more around the characters and the actuall movie then the graphics and presentation. They do it for the wars not to look good.

Hey, quite a few modern ones are really good too.

The problem is characters. In movies where character development isn't really required, such as Black Hawk Down, it works really well... but we've been seeing a lot of "cookie cutter" heroes... you'll know who you're dealing with because of who's acting the part.

Back