War hits home

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
Well, I knew it would come soon, and it finally did. I lost one of my old Lieutenants to the war in Iraq. He got hit by a grenade while on convoy and died of his wounds.

I will be going to his funeral next Friday at Arlington. Please send prayers to his family and his new wife of a few months. It will be a very emotional day.

http://iraq.pigstye.net/article.php?story=AdcockShaneT

Last edited:
Rest in peace, my prayers are there for his family. And my prayers are with you too TI take care hun.

Well, I read it twice and words still don't come to express my feelings. What a loss for the world and a gain for God.

My good thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

*Content Edited* by admin.

My apologies if I inadvertantly overstepped the boundaries. I tried to impart my feelings without being too partisan about it, but I guess someone believes I didn't succeed.

Even so, we WILL be making more of these 'good thoughts and prayers' posts before this war is over.

AGAIN - my apologies.

Last edited:
I'm really sorry to hear about this TI.
My thoughts goes to his family as well.

RIP soldier! :salute2:

Sometimes we can be a tad selfish...God wanted him, and he is in a much better place now than he was while in this hell hole we call earth. I envy him.

My deepest sympathy goes to his family and to you TI. I feel we have lost another hero. Be assured you are all in my prayers.

TI: any updates on Friday's ceremony, sir? I just looked on Arlington's site -- they haven't released Friday's schedule yet.

Thanks guys... I went to the funeral today, and am drinking some nice Johnny Walker Blue right now.

There were about 300 folks that showed up to include the Secretary of the Army himself. Imagine a very cold and rainy day here in D.C., horse drawn carriage.... very somber.

There ceremony lasted a total of 15 minutes at most.

Then it was over, and he is gone.

Back