War on Drugs

Well it's all about personal choice, so I think education is the way to go. As long as it's just the drop kicks taking it who cares.
Yeah,.. well my personal choice is to be fabulously rich, but I doubt that the law will ever make robbery, embezzlement or extortion legal any time in the foreseeable future.

If we are sharing fantasies...
I want the body I had at 18 back!

I personally LOVED Spike's suggestion on the punishment for using and dealing!

*side note, we lost someone recently to heroin... I don't want others to go through what we did... Anything to get the sh*t off the street!

Last edited:
Yeah,.. well my personal choice is to be fabulously rich, but I doubt that the law will ever make robbery, embezzlement or extortion legal any time in the foreseeable future.

I didn't say that did I now. Cigarettes are perfectly legal yet less people are now smoking since being educated on the subject.

I lost a friend to heroine as well Shorts Momma, yet I don't blame the drug. That's like the anti-gunners blaming firearms for the actions of the people who use them. The fact is this kid worked all week, blew his paycheck on heroin, and injected himself. The dealer did not tie him down and administer a lethal dose, and I really don't think any of the responsibility for what happened belongs to said dealer.

Spike, can you back up what you say about cannabis being harmful to society? It seems a lot less harmful than alcohol and nicotine to me, in many ways. Saying it's bad purely because it's illegal doesn't mean much to me, we're meant to question the government and its laws in a democracy.

The drug industry is huge, at yields millions of dollars each year for its CEO's, directors, executives and employees. It has a global reach and the ability to buy some countries( check out whats happening in Guinea Bissau, amongst other West African countries). It cost billions of dollars for countries across the world to try and fight this.

The question is why is the drug trade so lucrative? Demand, some people want this stuff and they are willing to pay for it. Whatever their personal reasons.

Now if drugs were legalised, governments would be able to control & tax the industry, it would be able to regulate it and govts would have a clearer picture of their country's drug problem.

This would have the effect of bringing the drug trade out of the shadows, rasing revenue for govts and sidelining the cartels, look what happened during and after the prohibition!

I don't take drugs but I think that this is really the only way to deal with this problem - it is here and it will not go away, so maybe we should make the best of a bad situation.

Thoughts?

I didn't say that did I now. Cigarettes are perfectly legal yet less people are now smoking since being educated on the subject.
Yes,... you did,... you said it was a matter of personal choice, and it is certainly not a matter of choice.
Well it's all about personal choice, so I think education is the way to go. As long as it's just the drop kicks taking it who cares.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Spike, can you back up what you say about cannabis being harmful to society?
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/07/070731125526.htm Just tell me if this is not enough because I can list at least 30 - 50 more sources
It seems a lot less harmful than alcohol and nicotine to me, in many ways.
So you feel that is a good reason to allow another section of the population to f**kup society, and be another burden on the taxpayers? I can't speak for the US, but here in Australia we are working to get rid of, or at least take more control of drugs, and that includes tobacco and alcohol because of their cost and effect on our society.
Saying it's bad purely because it's illegal doesn't mean much to me, we're meant to question the government and its laws in a democracy.
You have got the cart pushing the horse, it's not bad because it's illegal,... rather, it's illegal because it's bad, and I really don't believe that you did not already know that.

Last edited:
Yes,... you did,... you said it was a matter of personal choice, and it is certainly not a matter of choice.
Um, what? The drugs are there and they are not going away, therefore it is a matter of personal choice. To take drugs or not to take drugs, to break the law or adhere to it. That is the choice.

Last edited:
Interesting read

Interesting read I found this site while looking for military news I get it sent to my Google account for free. I saw this thread and though it would be useful to post it. So many countries are involved and so many routes for the drugs to be traffic, Mexico needs to be fixed. Not all the articles are free but a lot of them are.

Central America: An Emerging Role in the Drug Trade

http://www.stratfor.com/weekly/20090326_central_america_emerging_role_drug_trade

Um, what? The drugs are there and they are not going away, therefore it is a matter of personal choice. To take drugs or not to take drugs, to break the law or adhere to it. That is the choice.
My humble apologies Wallabies, I mistook your intention.

You are quite correct, my idea is to make that choice somewhat more risky should anyone wish to make the wrong decision.

When drug lords get so powerfull from all the money they have that they can take over countries, then yes they should be challenged.

So who are we going to bomb then? Street corner dealers, their bosses, or the public officials that they buy? Maybe the customers to discourage drug use?

How will we prosecute this "War"? What assets will we use, that aren't already in use? We can see how effective that has been so far.

One definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting a different result each time, maybe we could try something different, just to see what happens.

So who are we going to bomb then? Street corner dealers, their bosses, or the public officials that they buy? Maybe the customers to discourage drug use?
Declare open season on all of them all of them.

If a drug deal is going down in front of your house,... take movie on your cell phone, POP,... 55gns of hot lead just behind the ear, and call in to the local authorities for your reward,... 50% bonus if you get the buyer too.

I know it's never going to happen, but it doesn't stop me from dreaming.

Nowadays if you're on the side of the law you're a sucker. If you're against the law and you're not violent, you're also a sucker. If you're against the law and very violent, you got yourself a winning formula.

Can somebody tell me what the major problem is of smoking some weed in your own house? Is it causing riots or harming the innocent? It is so easy to say that all drug are evil and blablabla.... But no one ever explained to me what the harm is in a bit of recreational drug. And before you cruxify me; I am not talking about the coke, crack, heroin. xtc etc.

The worst part of drugs is the violence and double dealing that comes with any black market. That and the irresponsible fools who ruin their lives on drugs, forcing the government to ban them for the safety of the lowest common denominator of humanity.

What the 13th said is sad but true in this culture.

I used to smoke weed like snoop dogg and dealed different drugs on a modest scale. Easy money, street fame and women were the bonuses. I new crack dealers and saw how all there clients were homeless and/or prostitutes and would do anything and everything for the stuff. I've seen honest guys go from Homeowners and good jobs jail and rehab within 6 months of getting hooked.

I've reformed after this caused me to lose my marrige because my wife was smart enough to leave my ass.

I wish drugs were never around and pitty all those that are still stuck in the "game" as they call it.

Legal money will always last longer then drug money.

We need to get this shiet off the streets and keep our kids educated about the dangers.

Thank You,

I used to smoke weed like snoop dogg and dealed different drugs on a modest scale. Easy money, street fame and women were the bonuses. I new crack dealers and saw how all there clients were homeless and/or prostitutes and would do anything and everything for the stuff. I've seen honest guys go from Homeowners and good jobs jail and rehab within 6 months of getting hooked.

I've reformed after this caused me to lose my marrige because my wife was smart enough to leave my ass.

I wish drugs were never around and pitty all those that are still stuck in the "game" as they call it.

Legal money will always last longer then drug money.

We need to get this shiet off the streets and keep our kids educated about the dangers.

Thank You,

Surely this is a good argument to legalise it, use the proceeds to further drug education & get rid of most of the criminal element, bring it out of the shadows - after all it is plainly lucrative, so why not indulge people in their chosen vice - if controlled they are the only ones harmed.

Back