War declaration by North Korea creates a new global situation

--

March 31st, 2013  
ihls

Topic: War declaration by North Korea creates a new global situation

Sources in Europe told i-HLS correspondent that “The war declaration of North Korea on its southern neighbor creates a new global situation, necessitating also European countries to consider their military arrangement in anticipating extreme threats.“ The sources emphasized that such threat, considered as imaginary till recently, is realizing in front of our eyes.

The sources said that South Korea has shown a certain complacence regarding its ongoing tension with its fortified neighbor. “They relied mostly on the United States and, in my opinion, didn’t take enough steps for deterrence and defense”, said one of the sources. He said that at a certain stage South Korea examined purchase of Israeli systems for warning and defense, but ultimately the country remained almost totally dependent on the United States.

As for Europe, the sources said that a similar complacence exists in many of the continent’s countries. “The countries are acting in the frame of mind of participating in peace keeping forces like the one in Afghanistan, and not in a military arrangement necessitating defending home from real threats”, said one of the sources. He added, that Iran, Syria in certain scenarios, and certainly North Korea are equipped with ballistic missiles and can be a threat on the European continents.

“The European countries agree to deploy American anti-missile missiles in their territories, but none of them considers anti-missile protection as a high priority national task”, said one of the sources. He mentioned that South Korea has considered in the past purchase of the Iron Dome system from Israel, and at certain time the Arrow missile was undergoing “an initial examination”. The source explained that at the end South Korea remained fully dependent on the United States favors.

Is there a chance for changing this situation? The source said that he estimates that if the tension calms down a little, South Korea will continue its total reliance on American support.

http://i-hls.com/2013/03/war-declara...bal-situation/
April 1st, 2013  
MontyB

To be fair I think the complacency is caused by the fact that every time the crops fail in North Korea they start rattling the sabre until someone gives them a hand out so it is at the point where no one really cares they ship them a few tons of rice and a butt load of heating oil and wait for next years "crisis".
April 5th, 2013  
-- Dusty

What if? ihls, what if NK fires the first shot?
NK is the bratty little brother and China is the protective big brother. But how long will big brother protect little brother? Especially if little brother picks a fight that everyone knows little brother cannot win without big brother's help.

They didn't last time. It ended up as a truce. What about next time?
Big brother likes to do business with the US. They make and we buy. We make and they buy. Business is good between the US and China. Start a war, and business goes sour fast. How long can the US last without doing business with China? And how long would China last without doing business with the US?

The US has the capability to start producing it's own merchandise within a year or two. Can China?

And when there are natural disasters in China, the US is on it in a heartbeat. What about China? I may be mistaken, but I don't know of any aid that China gives the US when we have a disaster. I could be wrong though.
--
April 5th, 2013  
RusCan2013

NK told Russia it should evacuate its embassy in Pyongyang by 10th April, they "will not be able to guarantee security of diplomatic missions" after that. Apparently they told same to other embassies.
http://www.bfm.ru/news/212963
April 5th, 2013  
udaka

It sounds the secoend Korean war is coming, every party are making the worst planing,North korean,South korean,China and USA.

Will the CNN or BBC broadcast live the war?
April 8th, 2013  
Cartman

north korea announced they will do a nuclear test again
April 8th, 2013  
VDKMS

The sh.t is going to hit the fan.
April 8th, 2013  
brinktk

Well, if you all don't hear from me for a while you'll know where I'm headed. My Brigade/Battalion is one of the few "trained ready" on our training cycle for combined arms in the entire Army right now...

I doubt the war will occur. Of course, this is the closest all parties have come to it in at least a generation...You can bet I'm going to keep my eye on it.
April 8th, 2013  
udaka

Let us guess---

when the war begining, the american use air power and long-range cruise missile bomb North Korean fircely. The USA use of South korean land force as "shell ash", take on duty of "liberate North korean. The american land force won't attack at the first offensive wave. when union force of South korean and America almost arrive at Pyongyang, the Chinese army interfere......
April 9th, 2013  
BritinAfrica

Hey udaka as you wont explain why the Chinese are in Tibet maybe you can explain why the Chinese are in Ghana stealing gold from goldfields without government or tribal chiefs permission?

http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/729236.shtml