War on American soil

--

December 1st, 2004  
WannabeRanger

Topic: War on American soil

I got the thinking today. America has not had a battle on our own soil since the Civil War. Some say that we have never had a foreign invader fight us on our own soil.(They say during the Revolution we still belonged to Britain so it was not technically our soil) I want to know what everybody thinks would happen if we had to fight a war on our own soil right here in the States. When I introduce this topic with my friends I get many different responses, so I'm curious to see what you guys have to say.
December 2nd, 2004  
Darcia

Technicly the British were here in 1812, the Japs attacked Hawie in 1940, that was a battle. The Japs also took some Islands of Alaska and the nazis had subs outside American waters that attacked American ships in WW2 not to meation all the nazi bomb plots and those soilders who landed. Also Septemeber 11,2001 was more or less of a battle agianst Terrorism...one we lost.

However if thier was going to get to America they would have to break through the Navy if coming by sea, and through our air defense system if they came by air. They may be able to get in through Canada but we would notice that and beat um.
December 2nd, 2004  
Big_Z

We have already had a topic like this.
--
December 3rd, 2004  
EuroSpike

Topic: Re: War on American soil

"America has not had a battle on our own soil since the Civil War."

No, because you have always been the invader itself.
December 3rd, 2004  
A Can of Man

Right now the war on America's turf is a culture war.
December 4th, 2004  
MadeInChina

japan will try agian, i'll assure u that
December 4th, 2004  
Darcia

We got a Multi hundred Billion doller Air Defense system to prevent that from happening.
December 4th, 2004  
A Can of Man

Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flak88
japan will try agian, i'll assure u that
December 4th, 2004  
Darcia

Is kinda wierd one of our allies would try to attack us...
December 5th, 2004  
egoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dameon
Is kinda wierd one of our allies would try to attack us...
i'm telling you right now...it's going to be those canadians. right when we least expect it