War on American soil

I believe only limited successes could be reached in a invasion on U.S. mainland... The most devistating would be a attack launched from quebec, southward through New England and down the east coast at double speed. That's the only way I see it possible to achieve even minimal success.

http://www.llsh.univ-savoie.fr/lea/Perdrieau/maps/forts.gif

Take the military bases with surprise, aqquire large amounts of POW's, and continue total warfare. :roll:

Cabal said:
Why on the heavy emphasis on conventional armies? There are theories where low-tech enemies without that much resources can bring down major powers during unexpected times and areas. However, I certainly agree on the statement about the unexpected future.
Sorry, meant to respond to that sooner. The reason that I emphasize conventional armies with strong technology is this: That is the only way a truly full-scale can happen on American soil, barring a Civil War. Considering the immense unlikelihood of another Amercan Civil War (under present circumstances), that's the best chance possible of landing a full fledged war inside the USA.

Low technology and has two options. Engage the USA in a limitted guerilla/terrorist war (which doesn't fully expose America to the true terrors of war) or overwhelm her with superior numbers. Consider that we live in an age in which superior military technology has proven to be a much more significant advantage than it ever was previously in history.

But as I said, the unexpected tends to happen and fortunes of great nations rise and fall in unpredictable fashion. The problem I'm seeing is that the USA is logistically, one of the most difficult nations on Earth to invade.

If you CAN overwhelm the conventional military, you would then have to solve an ugly problem. The USA's citizens are better armed and better equipped to resist than any other comparably sized nation on Earth.

battery said:
I believe only limited successes could be reached in a invasion on U.S. mainland... The most devistating would be a attack launched from quebec, southward through New England and down the east coast at double speed. That's the only way I see it possible to achieve even minimal success.

Take the military bases with surprise, aqquire large amounts of POW's, and continue total warfare. :roll:

Using a circa 1802 map to plan an invasion of 21st Century America seems like a doomed plan from the get go, but who knows what might happen.

Damien435 said:
battery said:

Using a circa 1802 map to plan an invasion of 21st Century America seems like a doomed plan from the get go, but who knows what might happen.

:lol:

I know, I dont think will understand the purpose of that link actually...

It's almost impossible to attack America... in a massive scale.

But the danger lies in the terrorist tactics of America's enemies.

You got to rid these terrorists by killing their 'mother' of abominations. :rambo:

I DO think that it is a very good idea for the USA to ask "are we vunerable to invasion" on a fairly regular basis. Do so honestly and perhaps even be a bit paranoid about it. Arrogance and the belief that you are invunerable has been the downfall of countless great nations.

Back