War on American soil

its international military forum for frickin sake, lol, i think its a good post, maybe a funny one even

well, we have americans chanting and discussing that america will be impossible to beat.

i just offered my vision of how possible it is

and i could be true, it could happen

look at world war 1, the french thought they had the battleship of the land, a unbeatable wall of fortress, the great wall of france!!

however, it was owned by blitzkrieg by another route through belgium

my point is impossible is possible, contridicted yes, but thats how our world is

paratroopa said:
invade america? easy!!!!

first grant 100 - 200 years to break down its economy

then those years will grant military build up for the terroists and countries like india and russia and maybe china

then invaision of canada begins

as well, invasion of the united states of america

invasion will take place soon after spy units destroies fuel factories, fuel depots, anything fuel to the us

Good plan, but by that time there will be no fuel left

paratroopa said:
its international military forum for frickin sake, lol, i think its a good post, maybe a funny one even

well, we have americans chanting and discussing that america will be impossible to beat.

look at world war 1, the french thought they had the battleship of the land, a unbeatable wall of fortress, the great wall of france!!

my point is impossible is possible, contridicted yes, but thats how our world is

You watch way too many kung fu movies. Give your brain a rest and catch up on some quality non-fiction reading. 8)

The only thing that America can be defeated is by breaking down the military structure, depleting the budget and resources of the nation, or possibly tearing the nation apart by major uprisings at home. If an invasion was followed by after these factors, then surely the United States would fall to a very powerful country.

The notion of saying America is forever invinsible is forever wrong.

The once mighty Roman Empire strecthes across the entire western continent of Europe and reached forward towards North Africa and the Middle East. But, their ambitions have allowed them to over-extend their limit of their military power that contributed to their inability to break the Germanic front. The Roman Empire was constricted and was allowed to rot within its interior until it can no longer defend Rome from the Invading Germanic Tribes.

Of critical importance is one important fact: the future is extremely unpredictable. Something unforeseen could happen that completely changes the whole worldwide equation. Somebody in an obscure country could come up with something so revolutionary that their nations suddenly becomes a major world player. The fortunes of the world's nations rise and fall and the unexpected always seems to happen.

The only worldwide situation to base any predictions upon is the present and very near future. 100 years in the future is too great a time interval to even bother trying to predict.

In the immediate future, the United States of America is not in any great danger of invasion because
1.) nobody has the logistical basis to make that invasion happen anytime soon,
2.) the United States would have to have an enemy who has a significantly larger, better, and better equipped Navy. Completely removing or subduing the US Navy from the oceans would be the only way that an army of sufficient size and strength could be landed in North America. At that point, the army landed would have to be substantially better than the US Army in numbers, quality and equipment in order to have a decent chance of victory on American soil -- our home turf.

Its like asking if anybody thinks invading China would be a good idea. Is anybody that stupid??

Its like asking if anybody thinks invading China would be a good idea. Is anybody that stupid??

I'm not sure about the comparison. First of all, during China's chaotic and corrupt period during the 1880's-1950's, the country was very vulnerable to foreign invasion. The Taiping TianGuo Rebellion have nearly put China into a point that any Western Imperial Power can conquer and occupy China, however at the risk of being attacked by militias, guerillas, and insurgents. But, considering about the massive land mass, I don't think any country can cover that up especially the western mountanous regions.

In the immediate future, the United States of America is not in any great danger of invasion because
1.) nobody has the logistical basis to make that invasion happen anytime soon,
2.) the United States would have to have an enemy who has a significantly larger, better, and better equipped Navy. Completely removing or subduing the US Navy from the oceans would be the only way that an army of sufficient size and strength could be landed in North America. At that point, the army landed would have to be substantially better than the US Army in numbers, quality and equipment in order to have a decent chance of victory on American soil -- our home turf.

Why on the heavy emphasis on conventional armies? There are theories where low-tech enemies without that much resources can bring down major powers during unexpected times and areas. However, I certainly agree on the statement about the unexpected future.

paratroopa said:
invade america? easy!!!!

then those years will grant military build up for the terroists and countries like india and russia and maybe china

invasion will take place soon after spy units destroies fuel factories, fuel depots, anything fuel to the us

I was amused at the post. I am not one to speculate on things 100-200 years down the road since I will be pushing up daisies. One day America will be weak and she will be attacked and brought down. The might of our military has not deterred extremists from attacking us. The war has actually raged for a few years. I think when Bin Ladin put a bounty on Americans back in 96(??) is when the war on terror started. The war was brought to American soil on 9/11. Who knows when we will get attacked again on the homefront. An economic melt down like what the USSR experienced could change things a lot. Remember, war is more likely when you are attacking a weaker force.

That is my speculation for the day

From the moment an atom was split, the world situation was changed forever. No one is about to let themselves be invaded if they have a superior nuclear arsenal. Especially since the minification of warheads.

en......Taiping Tianguo rebeliion is like 1800s something, not 1950s...that clears a fact here

and invading U.S , i think, is just another joke like invading Russia or invading China...dont take it seriously

lol, everything has its weak points, its up to the smartos to figure that out

us has several weak points:

it has a huge miilitary spending

us will be brought down if fuel supply stopps without a sufficicent new fuel

manufacturing is down

BUSh- need reason? just ask

paratroopa said:
invade america? easy!!!!

By then we will be using hydrogen fuel cells, guess where hydrogen comes from? WATER! Now, how does China empty the Pacific Ocean, Atlantic Ocean, Hudson Bay, Great Lakes, Gulf of Mexico, and all the lakes, rivers and ponds of the US and Canada? If you are gonna factor in economic breakdown you also have to factor in technological advancement along with hundreds of other factors.

paratroopa said:
BUSh- need reason? just ask

We are a democracy, that means that roughly every 8 years we have a new president.

moved

paratroopa said:

How was it good or funny?

We are not France, we have learned from history. And our defense is not based on an incomplete wall that is obsolete, but one of the greatest obstacles the world has ever knows, an ocean, two of them actually.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/text/france.html

There you can read about the military history of France, now compare it to America's, they have one win, we have one loss, complete opposite.

Damien435 said:
paratroopa said:

How was it good or funny?

We are not France, we have learned from history. And our defense is not based on an incomplete wall that is obsolete, but one of the greatest obstacles the world has ever knows, an ocean, two of them actually.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/text/france.html

There you can read about the military history of France, now compare it to America's, they have one win, we have one loss, complete opposite.

That link is dead, here's a better one for you to use.

http://www.fortliberty.org/patriotic-humor/French-Military-History.shtml

Actually, Pancho Villa destroyed most of Columbus, New Mexico in 1916 and fought the 13th US Cavalry. Even though this was part of a Mexican Civil War, the raid was a military attack on America which prompted the invasion of Mexico.

I think the only ppl that can control the american population is america. Any occupying force would have to deal with quite a bit. I mean when middle schoolers can make pipebombs you know anybody trying to keep them down would be in for a fight. Hunters, hicks, and gangsters would be alot to deal with. There is a part of me that would like to see someone try. :D

The fact that Americans also have the right to own just about any type of gun and know how to mix chemicals together would be on our side I guess. :lol:

Well you can get alot of guns, but LEGALLY you cannot have a fully automatic weapon without a extremely hard to get license. But....there are always other ways to "acquire" these weapons.

And america is a big country it would take a huge force to be able to control it all!

Back