War on American soil

I think that the chances of America being invaded are slim to none. But if that did happen I wonder what all of the Anti-gun/animal rights and other liberal activists would do.

hoho--i am in canada now..

canadians seem to be annoyed by americans sometimes...

like lumber, beef stuff. and on iraqi issue,

During WW2 Hitler almost convinced Mexico to invade the United States. Russia or anyone else could probably convince/bully Mexico or Canada to let them go through. However, the logicstical nightmare could not go unoticed. "Amatuers study tactics, Experts study logistics."

A quite of bit of the American populous(including myself) would know how to/be able to fight back. There is enough ammo/guns in my hosue to supply a small army lol. I also know how to modify quite a few weapons (such as AKs/ARs) into fully auto if need be. You can also modify most of the Glock series.

lol....i forgot that..Americans can carry guns..
that would be an awesome army, no need for too much training..everyone is a soldier in a city fight..

anyone who invades U.S will really have a hard time

We also have the right to buy massive gun safes to house all of our guns. Basicly in America just about everyone can shoot a gun. Zpecialy down here in the south where the army would have to come first if coming from Mexico.

Sexybeast said:
i ve heard U.S lifted the ban to buy rifles like M-16 recently, right?
no, m-16 requries a class 3 b/c it is burst, class 3 is also for full auto

the ban which was lifted was for "assault type weapons", it was an assault weaopn if it had a couple features which included: collasple stock, flash surpressor, pistol grip, bayonet mount, etc. pretty pointless

and b4 you could always buy them but now you can manufacture them again in the US

actually you can buy almost anything here if you have countless thousands but it is rediculously expensive

Since I personally doubt Nazi Germany could have managed Operation Sea Lion, You can imagine what I think about operation *Lets invade a continent which will just laugh at any puny invasion fleet we send at it..*

As for invading Canada.. its kind of like trying to invade England through Scotland, your welcome to try.. but its logistically impossible if you want the army to actually be able to fight and beat whomever you are attacking. (In the modern era.. before someone starts siting examples of such in the middle ages :p) You wont be able to support a large enough army to make an impression (If you can even secure a beachhead and keep it)

AsianAmerican said:
One reason America will never be invaded is because most of every citizen in America are armed :lol:

although the obesity levels USA has is sorta worrying...

i cant legally own a gun, but i have a bow with plenty of lethal power to it.

although America's system of gun training and letting civvies have guns (i think) is sound, not everyone has one, if we were to be invaded, most liekly the people with teh guns would be singled out and arrested/executed, depending on the army.

I know if we were going to be invaded i take up arms. No foreign army gonna be taking over my house. And Bows are a good weapon. Those things are lethal especially with the help of a scope or a good eye.

Sexybeast said:
hoho--i am in canada now..

canadians seem to be annoyed by americans sometimes...

like lumber, beef stuff. and on iraqi issue,

Lumber is understandable but to be quite frank, get Canadian beef the F*** out of America, food is one thing we should never have to import (specialty foods are different.) with our massive plains for growing crops and supporting Cattle we should never have to try and get food from an outside source. Iraq is just a mess, most people can't look past the politics of the issues and realize that Saddam was a bastard who needed to be removed, 12 of UN sanctions could not do it, several Kurdish rebellions couldn't do it, but it took the US only about what? 6 months to capture Saddam?

Porion said:
AsianAmerican said:
One reason America will never be invaded is because most of every citizen in America are armed :lol:

although the obesity levels USA has is sorta worrying...

The obesity level is also grossly overstated, in my school they banned regular pop because the sugar has caused an obesity epidemic in the school system, well I am a student in this school system and when I look around my classes I don't see many people over the 200 lbs. mark, only one or two people in each class could be considered over weight. I decided long ago to stop looking at figures but rather look at the other people in my school, and you know what? I don't see many fat people.

The obesity level is also grossly overstated

i do agree, but it is still cause for concern.

it would have to be a big, fast and invisible attack

That's true, an attack of that magnitude to successfully take it to America would require at least a day to amass a force big enough to take a coastal city, and even then you'd need to heavily arm it before the snipers and waves of troops and transports begins to eradicate you.

although it may just be my American arrogence showing, i would think it's extremely difficult to make a real assault on the USA; and succeed.

Earling said:
As for invading Canada.. its kind of like trying to invade England through Scotland, your welcome to try.. but its logistically impossible if you want the army to actually be able to fight and beat whomever you are attacking. (In the modern era.. before someone starts siting examples of such in the middle ages :p) You wont be able to support a large enough army to make an impression (If you can even secure a beachhead and keep it)

I would like to see an army like the Russians try to move anything even resembling an invasion through the arctic...it's one barren god forsaken wasteland...no other way of describing it. That and the enemy would have to take Canada first...which means taking and pacifieing major cities like Toronto, Vancouver, Edmonton, Quebec, Montreal....all in the several million ranger...just think of the amount of troops that would use up....maybe if the Chinese deployed every able bodied man they had they could manage, but I seriously doubt it otherwise.

As for us invading America.....well...have you the noticed the beaver population is on the rise? :rambo:

americans are fat? well, it seems that most american ppl in mid-age are not in a good shape according to the SImpsons show,
but i ;d rather not generalize that

Is attacking U.S with nukes counting as war on U.S soil?

Dont need to be slender to barrikade in your town and give the invader some trouble... even with the ammount of out of shape americans, they are still a country that is ful of armed and trained hunters. these can and will form militias. It wont be enough to drive the enemy away maybe, but its enough to give him a hell of a headache

lets think

But can any1 honestly say that if their country was attacked they would win and beat em back? To me that sounds pretty cocky. I don't think any1 knows for sure until it happens.

Like england we claimed alot of europe, aus and usa at one point in time...........we lost that and that was down to basic greed and cockyness.

I think no one has a right to go into a country that is not theirs and stake a claim.

Back