Wanting to Join, Any Advice

jenbryant

Hello everyone, I am a 24 year old female who has always dreamed about serving my country. It was my intentions to graduate high school and go straight into the military. Well God had other plans for me right after high school, I married my highschool sweetheart and we now have 2 children together. I still dream about the military life that I know could do miracles for my family. Especially since we are literly living paycheck to paycheck. . . at times we dont know where and when we are gonna eat. My husband and I are both in college and we are trying to better our family. But in today's economy that is deffiently easier said then done. It is has its fun times and I love my husband and kids dearly, but it just makes my heart ache for the military life so I can provide my family with all that we lack now. We do not have insurance and we have massive medical debt that I can not even begin to explain.

My reserves :-| / :? to joining the military now are the fact that I will be away from my husband and kids for training. Like I said before, we are highschool sweethearts :love: and we spend all our time together. My family and friends say that it will be great for our family. . . but I am afraid my kids wont recognize me when I come back from training. I am wanting to get my LPN and my recuruiter said it will be about 10 months away from my family. But it is in Texas and I live in arkansas right now, so not too far away. My husband says he will come and visit, and I know he will be an excellent father while I am gone.

I guess what I am asking for is advice from anyone with children and are active duty, anyone who is married in the military. I want to follow my dreams, but I am scared it will hurt my family! Please dont hold anything back, tell me exactly what has happened to you! We have a strong marriage, but 10 months away from eachother will put a strain on any marriage. And my girls are my world, they are what I am doing all this for to better their lives! But will they resent me for being gone?

Thanks so much for reading my post, and I look forward to hearing your advice. THanks so much and have a blessed day.

-Jennifer Bryant :?

Back