Want to recruit to the US army, but living in Israel

Spartaz

It may appear odd to some of you, but as someone who dislikes his country, culture and language, and feels like he needs to fulfill certain obligations to the world (particularly to the US, since I admire the vision of the land of the free and the home of the brave)-- going to recruit to the US army seems ideal to me at this point (after doing a lot of self-evaluations).

However, the disturbing questions that are running in my head are:

-Does the US army accept foreign people wanting to recruit? for the record, I'm perfectly healthy and in good shape (thanks to basketball). I also speak fluent English.

-If so, how do I get the ball rolling about it?

-I'm not completely free from the Israel army. I went to the mental health officer to get a release due to the reasons I listed above. There will be a meeting a month from now deciding how will they act on my case. Would that pose a problem?

In my vision, I just want to take the next flight to the US, go to a recruiting center, and begin my new life. But I fear the road may not be that smooth.

For the record, I'd personally be glad to recruit as medic, but I'd just like to know I can recruit first.:salute2:

Merry Christmas, happy Hanukkah!

Last edited:
but dont get that confused w/ being a citizen, you can still enlist w/ israeli citizenship but your jobs would be limited

I do not want to have to remind any of you again about the particular rules of this part of the forum, guesses and hearsay are not welcome here and will be dealt with severely. If you are not 100% sure of what you are posting here, either do not post, research your answer and then post, or PM one of the mods to confirm that it is alright to post.

I personally know of a few people (6 to be exact off the top of my head) that got legal residence in the U.S. and then applied for citizenship while in the military. Two of them received citizenship, one was a Gunny no less. One is now out of the USMC and will be pursuing the remainder of the application process from her HOR (Home of Record). The remaining are still pursuing their citizenship. I know this to be a fact because I have helped each and everyone of them study for their test(s).

As for your question, best bet is to contact a recruiter and ask them exactly what you need to do to apply for the military. You can write them to send you materials as needed.

Note: The people I was speaking of ar from the following countries: Cuba, Haiti, Nicuragua, Columbia, Africa (not sure what country in Africa).

Last edited:
Back