Want to join marines but acl surgery 2 years ago ... Suggestions?

Marinechick10

I tore my acl in January 2010 and had acl reconstruction surgery March 2010. I haven't told my recruiter yet and I am debating weather or not I even should. It gets sore sometimes but I've played 2 volleyball seasons on it and a club season (December to June) it only gives out and buckles badly if I cut really hard on it, which is so rare because of how long it's been. I need suggestions on what I should do please.

You will tell the truth to your recruiter.
Otherwise you will end up in a world of ****. Your or others' lives may depend on your honesty one day!

I am sure that somewhere along the line you will be asked to reveal any medical conditions or procedures you have had.

Pending on where you end up, investigations are sometimes made-say for a security clearance.

Caught in a lie or leaving out something can have serious results.

I tore my acl in January 2010 and had acl reconstruction surgery March 2010. I haven't told my recruiter yet and I am debating weather or not I even should. It gets sore sometimes but I've played 2 volleyball seasons on it and a club season (December to June) it only gives out and buckles badly if I cut really hard on it, which is so rare because of how long it's been. I need suggestions on what I should do please.

Yeah. Recruit Training probably would tank your knee, you can try for a waiver, but you better declare it at RSS and MEPs.

I mean I work out on it all the time without problems and I'm a pretty athletic person. I've gone through entire sport seasons and heavy conditioning.

I mean I work out on it all the time without problems and I'm a pretty athletic person. I've gone through entire sport seasons and heavy conditioning.
Whatever sport you cultivate is nothing compared to the strains you may encounter in the service.

Why do kids insist on putting titles they haven't earned in their names...?

Anyways, you are giong to find that sports and being athletic are simply not going to be enough to make it through initial training. There is a mental aspect as well. Also, any type of injury to your legs is going to be a problem because when you add 50 or more lbs of equipment to your body and then march for 15 miles any problems are going to present themselves eventually.

Also, if it buckles when you "cut" really hard what the hell do you think is going to happen when you have to do individual movemet techniques under fire with 50 lbs or crap on you? Tell your recruiter...furthermore, you need to understand that your injury could not only be a liability to you, but to any military member you may serve with. It could get you or one of them killed. So you may not tell a recruiter, you may get by MEPs , you may make it through training...but you may find yourself in a situation down range where it will fail and end up getting you and some of your buddies killed...is it worth that?

Combat is infinitely harder and harsher than basic training. Think about this.

yeah how could u hide a acl surgery, did they have to take part of your patella if so i know that leaves like a 8in scare on your knee, if that see that any medical professional at meps will know that is right away, and then there goes your chances of ever getting in, and not to mention maybe in a fine. I only know this because i have had an acl surgery my self and am trying to join.

Back