Walkie Talkie

zander_0633

Milforum Gnat
I would need a Walkie Talkie soon, any recommendations and any thing to look out for when buying one? please advise! Thanks!

all pmr's are pretty good, if you can, try find one that doesnt go "BEEP BEEP BEEP" when you cease transmision, if ur in the feild and all the enemy can hear is the enemy going beep beep beep it's a bit harder for you lol.

Thanks, Any brands to recommend? Is there any pics! please post pics too! Thanks! I am buying for Civilian use but it is best if it is comparable to military types!

Well, not sure! Is it clear when there are obstructions or does it go all the way? BTW, wad is the brand of yours?

MightyMacbeth said:
hey I got a walkie talkie that coud go for 5km. Is that good?
Yes.
Really trying (!) : miles Theoretical maximum 667 approx! High altitude, line of sight 125 or more Freak conditions past the horizon 100 or more?Normal use, ground level : Outside, clear flat terrain 1.5 - 3 Suburban neighborhoods 1 - 1.5 Urban areas & car to car 0.5 - 1 Inside buildings 0.5 or 5 floors Between buildings 0.12- 0.5 (1/8 - 1/2) Woodlands, level, moderate vegetation 1 - 1.5 Woodlands, hilly, thick vegetation 0.25- 1 I personally use a pair of Motorola CP040's and find them perfect.However your country may you to legally use something more powerful.

LeEnfield said:
Get a couple of cheep mobile phones they will do the job even better.
Funny you should say that.I know someone who's used his mobile(cell phone) in a combat theatre because the radio he was issued with was so crap.

I am currently holding this thingy with my hands.(lie, I am typing) anyway, it says Albrecht, so thats the brand. At the top it says Tectalk Joker but thats not the brand heh. *fliping it to see the back side*, *reads*:

"PMR446-Transceiver.
Joker.
Albrecht. CE!.
ALAN Electronics GmbH."

wha? 8)

oh and thats my walkie talkie, the one that goes 5km :D

Well, in my country currently, I am not allowed to use the radios of too high a frequency! So is there any recommendations of which low frequency but high and long power?

Back