Walk the line

Locke

i went and saw it tonight with a couple of friends.
its a biopic based on the life of johnny cash, who i knew virtually nothing about
it was a pretty good movie, he was an incredible guy with an amazing talent. well worth a watch. the music may not appeal to all, but its a damn good story

7/10

seen it- I'm a big fan of Cash and his compatriots (Jennigns, Williams, etc) and I was pleased with the film overall.

I thought the movie portrayed him more egoistic then I expected. When you read his autobiography it doesn't really fit. But overall it was a good show, especially when you are fan who doesn't care one way or another and likes a film about one of the greatest country-singers.

C/1Lt Henderson said:
Awesome movie. Love the ring of fire. Kick-ass song. Yea. there ya go

But Henderson then there is still so much work to be done!! What about Folsom Prison, Bird on a wire, A boy named Sue and many many more. If you are interested, I have them all in a mp3 format on my hard disk... just let me know alright?

Ted... forget anything I may have said about your anti-gun European world- you're a Johnny Cash fan.

deerslayer said:
Ted... forget anything I may have said about your anti-gun European world- you're a Johnny Cash fan.

Damn straight I am one!! If you are around the house who learn to love Johnny, cause that is what my machine's playing! I read the biography and watched the DVD's... he's downright cool! Also the "new music" who covered with Rick Rubin is awesome.... especially "Hurt" gives me goose-bumps everytime I hear it.

As I said before... I am one of the most conservative lefties you'll find in this part of the globe!

lol...i just like ring of fire...bsides, he was really b4 my time. I know you will say he has stood the test of time and he has, but im more interested in "new" oldies. Bob Seger, Hank Williams Jr., Charlie Daniels Band, and so on and so forth.

Ted said:
Damn straight I am one!! If you are around the house who learn to love Johnny, cause that is what my machine's playing! I read the biography and watched the DVD's... he's downright cool! Also the "new music" who covered with Rick Rubin is awesome.... especially "Hurt" gives me goose-bumps everytime I hear it.

As I said before... I am one of the most conservative lefties you'll find in this part of the globe!

damn skippy, man. Oh, Henderson, Cash was playing at the same time as those guys, and I love their sound too.

And people down in Florida can't be still when ol' Lynyrd Skynyrd's pickin down in Jacksonville. So let's gather round :)

I've got huge playlists on WMP of those artists you mentioned, play a little of all their stuff on the piano and guitar.

Ted, Hurt was covered by Johnny Cash. It was originally done by Nine Inch Nails. I only just found that out.:|

yea lynyrd skynyrds pretty good too. I can play Turn The Page on the guitar and sing it. Grandpa and dad could play "Devils Gone Down To Georgia" on the fiddles too.. Its my favorite song cause of that.

never did learn to fiddle, learned to play dang near everything else under the sun. I've got a friend's birthday coming up, I'm playing "Cry Me a River" on the piano for her, mainly because I don't think I can write the piano music to "Yesterday's Wine" or "Much Too Young To Feel This Damn Old", or any other songs about aging that come to mind. Most of the stuff that I really like I just get it by ear, and I've got a good memory for notes, so playing in a mano a mano concert liek that isn't difficult.

Yea, Im takin piano 2 soon...so hopefully ill be able to play a lot better.hmmm...i might could help you with the aging thing...how about "Young At Heart" by Frank Sinatra? i could get you a site for the sheet music...

I gotta get it done by next monday (and that's a day late)
my arrangement by Lorrie Line for "Cry Me A River" sucks- it's drawn out way too much, but fortunately there's a great place to impromptu an ending on the fourth or fifth page.

deerslayer said:
Ted, Hurt was covered by Johnny Cash. It was originally done by Nine Inch Nails. I only just found that out.:|

I know, that is what I meant, but I wrote "who" instead of "he". On the American Recording albums, he also covered U2, Beck, Soundgarden and some others. Strangly enough, his versions are more raw then those of the original artists. Then again, I think I might be biassed :)

I saw it. It is a darn good movie. I thought that it was one of the best of the year.

Yeah, Joaquin Phoenix was so realistic (to me anyway) in the bathroom scene when he coming off drugs, I couldn't believe it!!!!!!! I too, thought it was a REALLY good flick. Like his music too! Always but didn't know it.!!!!

Back