Wal-Mart is Scared...

WalMart is an awful store, its the American poster child for labor abuse. When it comes to civil suits, Walmart has its own special wing in the courthouse.

Thank God they opened a COSTCO in Queens so I dont have to go to Walmart anymore. Not only are the products and prices better, but they actually treat their employee like human beings.

If it means unions for workers, I'm all for it.
Unions are a must, just so long as they are not politicised.

The moment Unions become affiliated with any particular political party, they lose half of their ability to help the members and allow the opposition to turn their cases into political footballs, costing a fortune and achieving little. This is the reason some unions end up in the control of criminals.

Spike Jones.
Maritime Union of Australia
Life Member 1615

Unions though must be controlled to an extent or you will have a South Korea where the unions are pricing the whole damned country out of the market, are scaring away foreign investors etc.

I've got family who are members of the United Mine Workers of America and the United Auto Workers, as well as various teachers unions, etc.

I'm a member of a Union... the Miami-Dade Police Benevolent Association. We just have one major difference. Since we're a Police Union. We cannot go on strike nor can our Union become political in any way. The PBA does not contribute a single cent to any candidate or political party.

I think every Union should be that way with politics. The United teachers of Dade is a prime example. Many members of that Union are Republican yet the Union went and spent a ton of money during that last election to support John Kerry. Why? Because the Union was lead by a bunch of liberals.

I'm for Unions but I'm also for right to work. Unions are great in theory but horrible in practice in the USA. They become political and are then run for other reasons then simply for the safety of the worker.

I really think that Unions should form without the ability to contribute or participate in any political arena. They're there for one reason. To support and help workers.

It all comes back to the fact that the most important voter to politicians is the potential "swinging voter". They will always try to appease someone who just might just give them their vote, but should you be so stupid as to publicly throw your lot in with one party or another, you are immediately forgotten. If you are an opposition voter they avoid you like the devil, if you are "one of theirs", they have little need to appease you as you are already in their pocket. The more "convinced" you appear to be in your selection, the less attention you will attract.

Voters, whether they are Unionists or not, should be playing the politicians off against one another, as they do the public. Anyone who publicly proclaims allegiance to any political party, has just given away most of his power to achieve anything politically.

Last edited:
That's prolly 'coz the benefits of democracy are often wasted on those who have never seen anything else.

I'm kind of losing faith in this democracy thing.

Oh.... I lost my faith in Democracy a long time ago. The USA is now becoming a Democracy when in fact her founding fathers founded a Republic. Big Difference but even I have lost my faith in that because those that are elected to be representatives are all the same group scumbags.

I'm more for everyman lives his life and the government can Sod Off. I know there is a need for government. But not what is today's level of government. I don't like government intruding into my life...

Oh.... I lost my faith in Democracy a long time ago. The USA is now becoming a Democracy when in fact her founding fathers founded a Republic. Big Difference but even I have lost my faith in that because those that are elected to be representatives are all the same group scumbags.

I'm more for everyman lives his life and the government can Sod Off. I know there is a need for government. But not what is today's level of government. I don't like government intruding into my life...
Which is why I want a democracy and not a bureaucratic republic.

Which is why I want a democracy and not a bureaucratic republic.
This is what happens when a country's public servants actually start influencing the running of the country instead of implementing the wishes of the elected Government.

Do you get the British TV show, "Yes Minister" in the US? Bureaucracy gone mad, the sad thing being, that it is closer to the truth than many imagine.

This is what happens when a country's public servants actually start influencing the running of the country instead of implementing the wishes of the elected Government.

Do you get the British TV show, "Yes Minister" in the US? Bureaucracy gone mad, the sad thing being, that it is closer to the truth than many imagine.
I get BBC America, I'll be sure to keep on the look out for it.

Back